The Audiokarma Official Steam Engines Magazine

Have you heard of the construction of a PRR T1 4-4-4-4? I think by 2030 they won't be able to find a railroad that would allow them to attempt a world speed record on their road. Not NS, or CSX, or anywhere.

On a record album related note, I picked up these train LPs the other day at GW Buy the Pound. They are from the UK, New Zealand and Australia. A few days later I found two early Mobile Fidelity train records.

001.JPG 002.JPG

Here are some shots of some of the K-36 steam locomotives used by the Cumbres & Toltec Railroad.

We took the train ride between Antonito, CO and Chama, NM earlier this month - fun, fantastic, gorgeous.
CnT-RR-10-16-17-18.jpg

CnT-RR-10-16-17-19.jpg

CnT-RR-10-16-17-17.jpg

CnT-RR-10-16-17-13.jpg

The outside frame counterweights are really cool. I NEED to see them and the D&RGW narrow gauge steamers.

On a record album related note, I picked up these train LPs the other day at GW Buy the Pound. They are from the UK, New Zealand and Australia. A few days later I found two early Mobile Fidelity train records.

View attachment 1032490 View attachment 1032491

I got a CD titeled

"Sounds of the Great America Railroad - On The Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe"

'From a distant train whistle... to the clickety-clack of wheels on rail and the roar of a mighty steam engine... get ready for a memorable adventure in sound!'

1992, Point Productions

I got a CD titeled

"Sounds of the Great America Railroad - On The Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe"

'From a distant train whistle... to the clickety-clack of wheels on rail and the roar of a mighty steam engine... get ready for a memorable adventure in sound!'

1992, Point Productions

Here ya go...

One of the last test runs of 611 before entering service after the overhaul. After it comes to a stop you can watch the Baker valve gear going from forward to 'neutral'. The crew are seeing that all the bearing are getting lubrication by touching the various bearings to see if they are running hot.

When I was growing up there was a steam engine in the park nearby, It was great to climb on as a kid. Unfortunately they took it away to restore it in the mid 70's and it's still in pieces

salisbury_park_train.jpg

When they brought it in
Salsbury_park_train.jpg

Salsbury_park_train_3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom