Today's SOUL Playlist

Good Evening Everyone!!!

Before Spinning Tonight....

A couple of things I need to get off of my chest...

I'm actually at a crossroads right now.

And they both have EVERYTHING to do with the state of my beloved audio system (one not so good though)

First.... the good news..

(01). I've been wanting to go from using an all "Unbalanced RCA" connection for quite a while now (pretty much since I've put the current system together back in the late 1990's/early 2000's), and while my Preamplifier, and my Phono Preamplifier both also have XLR Balanced Inputs and Outputs, my Power Amplifier has only Unbalanced RCA's, that was the connection scheme I've went with since the system was acquired and eventually installed. NOW..... after almost two decades waiting on a suitable Power Amplifier that has these connections on board, and offered the power output that's more suitable for my KEF Reference 102 Speaker System (the matching Adcom GFA-5802 to my Adcom GFP-750 Preamplifier (which was rated at 300 Watts Per Channel @ 8 Ohms, and 500 Watts Per Channel @ 4 Ohms) was too powerful for my KEF Reference 102's), and I liked the 102's SO MUCH, the Adcom GFA-5802 was eliminated from consideration, and I ended up choosing the slightly older Adcom GFA-545 MkII instead (even though, the 5802 had seemingly more superior technology and circuitry inside of it), because the 545 MkII was more suitable and a better match to the KEF 102's.

But now, after almost two decades of waiting, I've "FINALLY" found an Adcom Power Amplifier, that has the connectivity I've been longing to have. And like the current 545 MkII, the new GFA-555 SE I'm looking at does not exactly match the GFP-750 cosmetically either, but it's considerably closer than the current 545 MkII. The Adcom GFA-555 SE that I'm salivating over right now is a flexible power amplifier in terms of connectivity, and is more of a beast in terms of power output than is the current Adcom GFA-545 MkII (200 Watts Per Channel @ 8 Ohms and 300 Watts Per Channel @ 4 Ohms for the Adcom GFA-555 SE vs 100 Watts Per Channel @ 8 Ohms and 150 Watts Per Channel @ 4 Ohms for the 545 MkII) . The 555 SE is also more stable down into lower impedences (the 555 SE can go down to 2 Ohms vs the 545 MkII which effectively can go down to 4 Ohms).

And the BEST part about the Adcom GFA-555 SE is that it is INSANELY affordable for the power output and flexibility that it offers to me ($1,300.00). The Adcom GFA-545 MkII has served me faithfully since I acquired it back in 2000. Right now, the Adcom GFA-545 MkII is kind of like the faithful girlfriend who's been there for me no matter what. And during my Friday Night Jam Sessions, I've have put it through a LOT OF SHIT turning up the volume control on the preamplifier, and did some insane type of shit to it when much lesser amplifiers would've given up and said **** THIS SHIT and poofed out on me.

The Adcom GFA-545 MkII has NEVER once let me down. So I kind of have an attachment to it.

But I've looking for an Power Amplifier like the Adcom GFA-555 SE for a long time now, and being that Christmas is almost coming right now, I'm kind of tempted to change amplifiers now. I'm tempted to hear how much more bass I can get from those tiny KEF's, I'm tempted to hear how much of an increase I can get in dynamic range, I'm tempted to see how much more height and width I can get in terms of sound staging, I'm tempted to hear how much better and clearer the instruments and vocals are on the stage. And I am tempted to find out that with a clean and quiet 200 Watts Per Channel flowing into the KEF 102's, that could it be the end of the road for my KEF 102's in terms of getting the most I can out of them, and that the next upgrade could be a newer Speaker System. That's what I'm facing now.

The link to what could be my next Power Amplifier: http://www.adcom.com/product_gfa555se.php

(02). Due to the death of my Grandmother back in April, I have since found out that she has willed some money towards me. I don't know how much she's left me yet. But just in case she's left me a substantial amount, I've been going condo shopping as well. And if that comes to fruitation, I may be looking to move out my current dwellings and move into a new condominium come the new year. And if that turns out to be the case, then everything in Point #1 is all a moot point, and I am going to be looking to make changes to my audio system (TOTALLY).

I would looking to replace and slim my system down considerably

What I'm proposing now for the (possibly) new condominium would be as follows:

Speaker System: The LSA Group LSA-1 or KEF LS50 Wireless

Speaker Stands: Pangea LS300 (Sand Filled)

Headphones: Sennheiser HD-650 (Already Own)

Integrated Amplifier: Cambridge Audio AZUR 851A (if the LSA-1's are selected.... Dual Mono, XLR Balanced Inputs (x2), 120 Watts Per Channel @ 8 Ohms; 200 Watts Per Channel @ 4 Ohms) or retain the Adcom GFP-750 Preamplifier

Music Player/DAC: Cambridge Audio AZUR 851N Network Music Streamer/Player (w/384 kHz. DAC)

Phono Preamplifier: PS Audio GCPH (Already Own)

Turntable: Thorens TD-160/Jelco SA-750D/

Phono Cartridge: Sumiko BPS-EVO III (Keep), Ortofon 2M Black, or Audio Technica AT-150A

Cables: Either Keep What I Have, or Change Them Out As Well.

And my current Apple iPhone 6S (64 GB) will be used as a remote control, while my Apple iPad Mini 4 will be used as an additional Digital Music Source.

WHEW!!!! Was THAT A LOT?! Or What??

Okay..... That's Out Now..... On To Spinning The Music!!!!

--Charles--

Last edited:
AND NOW.....

Now Up.....

Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly -- Live In Los Angeles -- Capitol (1985)(Vinyl w/Gatefold Cover)

Side #1: "Running Away"; "Too Many Games"; "I Wanna Thank You"; "You"
Side #2: "Happy Feelings"; "Feel That You're Feeling"; "I Want To Feel That I'm Wanted"; "We Are One"
Side #3: "Joy And Pain"; "Before I Let Go"; "Back In Stride"
Side #4: "Freedom (South Africa); "I Wanna Be With You"; "Dee's Song"; "When You Love Someone"

Sides One, Two, and Three are Recorded Live In Los Angeles, California....
Side Four was Recorded In The Studio.

Volume Turned UP UP UP UP UP UP

--Charles--

R-757653-1211306439.jpeg.jpg

R-757653-1399398318-1330.jpeg.jpg

R-757653-1399398323-1786.jpeg.jpg

R-757653-1399398327-4496.jpeg.jpg

R-757653-1399398332-9445.jpeg.jpg

R-757653-1399398338-5811.jpeg.jpg

R-757653-1399398344-7360.jpeg.jpg

R-757653-1399398349-6252.jpeg.jpg

First, sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing Charles & if you do get some funds, do stick some back for a rainy day my friend!
Yea, sounds like a plan & that Adcom is a very nice piece to have!
Good stuff as always you've got spinnin'!

Will check that out, malden!

Rome

First, sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing Charles & if you do get some funds, do stick some back for a rainy day my friend! Yea, sounds like a plan & that Adcom is a very nice piece to have!
Good stuff as always you've got spinnin'!

Will check that out, malden!

Rome

Thanks Teach...

That certainly means a lot. And I will be getting some funds, but not enough to pay for a condominium. When my check arrives, I will be putting it ALL away.

While a condominium is still on my wish list, it will have to be relegated to something I will be getting later on down the line for now. Put the money in a credit union and let it draw interest for right now, and before you know it, I'll moving inside that condo I want.

So.... I'll be staying put for now.... which means I'll be changing my Interconnects and my Power Amplifier for now, and that Adcom GFA-555 SE has shot up to the top of my wish list just like that. And I won't be getting it with Granny's Money either (which will be enough to buy me four of them it I want to do that). I get a huge Christmas Bonus every year, and that will be how I'll be getting my new power amplifier (with my own money..... Granny's will be in the Credit Union working hard and making more money for me.... to eventually get that condo eventually).

So either way, I'm good.

Thanks Again For The Condolences.

--Charles--

NOW UP!!!!

Bob James -- Obsession -- Warner Bros. (1986)(Vinyl)

Side #1: "Obsession"; "Gone Hollywood"; "3 AM"
Side #2: "Rousseau"; "Rain"; "Steady"; "Feel The Fire"

Volume Turned UP UP UP

--Charles--

R-1766406-1289889143.jpeg.jpg

R-1766406-1289889147.jpeg.jpg

R-1766406-1289889153.jpeg.jpg

R-1766406-1289889158.jpeg.jpg

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

50’s/60’s Rock-N-Roll Pioneer, Legend, & Hall Of Famer Fats Domino Has Died @ 89 Years Old.

If I get a chance to come on here today, I’ll have more about him later on.

Fats Domino dead at age 89.

R.I.P. Fats. We’re Going To Miss You.

1928-2017

—Charles—

93937.jpg
11091809_527dfbbf4d86d.jpg

Jeannie Reynolds / One Wish
1977 Casablanca

Finally get to spin my newly purchased albums! All have been washed and now comes the best part, listening! :music:

Glad to see our "Coolest" cat Cool Breeze back in the old Soul Groovin' cafe'! :thumbsup:

Will have to check out Ms. Reynolds & that Sade is just plain goodness!

Rome

Glad to see our "Coolest" cat Cool Breeze back in the old Soul Groovin' cafe'! :thumbsup:

Will have to check out Ms. Reynolds & that Sade is just plain goodness!

Rome

Thanks, Teach! :thumbsup: Yeah, Ms. Reynolds is the one I was telling you about that committed suicide and took her two children's life too! Such a waste of talent!

Back
Top Bottom