Pictures of Vintage GM cars!

Makes an old fanatical mechanic car builder remember so much while I literally lay here with a broken back. My favorite build was putting a 409 in a '64 Nova SS. It was a good build cause a 409 is just a few inches wider than a small block and less than fifty pounds heavier than a 350. For suspension and brakes....everything from a '64 Nova wagon. I creep on the cheap. Yah, a dual quad 427 has 435 hp, a dual quad 409 has 435 at allot less weight and in a late seventies Nova...get out of here ! Putting a small block Ford 351 (from a Ford Ecoline van) UT-10 4-speed (from a Mustang) into a Mercury Comet cause the car holds the road better than a Mustang. Found an ugly '65 Dodge Cornet SS 413 car and slapped the 440 head/tri-power intake combo getting 450hp, the 413 has a forged crank good for an 8000 RPM redline after installing an oil cooler, then the car was so light and handled well....hated selling it !!!

Last edited:
When I got out of the military in `70, I bought a friend`s `66 Pontiac Grand Prix, it had a 421 HO (High Output, with increased compression, bigger heads, and tri-power, it put out lots of torque). Had a 4-speed, and a 3.42 Posi out back. It was pretty quick for a big boat :) (Wish I still had it, it`s probably worth a small fortune these days)

upload_2017-5-20_20-44-25.png

The only new car my folks ever bought was a '59 Pontiac Catalina wagon. FULLY loaded. Had a 389 w/tri-power. Those big Indians could haul the mail even though they were big cars. They also could drink gas like no bodies business too.

My 1965 Nova SS

2vnqeyq.jpg

I like pro street too. I had a 1967 pro street Nova SS but sold it a few years ago. Wish I still had it.

I have a 1964 Nova SS pro street never-ending "project car" that has been sitting in my parents garage in St. Louis for several years now collecting dust that I hope to do something with eventually once I have the chance. I have a nice small block and even nicer big block I could drop in it once I get off my butt and decide to do something with them.

I wouldn't mind having a 66-67 Chevelle pro street someday.

Very nice iron, guys!:thumbsup:

Sold my '68 Camaro SS vert a couple years ago...optioned to the hilt. Miss it now, but wasn't taking in the shows as I did before.

Will share pics when I get the hang of DLing photos.

Now lookin'' for a mid 60's Chevy 1/2 ton, but no queens, but no basket cases either.

Q

Back
Top Bottom