Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Got another Denon Dual cassette deck - I dont understand why these dont get more attention - they sound superb and seem to be very well made and reliable. I dont have any 3 head decks yet, but I have a friend who has 3 of them and I cant tell difference in sound quality from my Denons to his Akais or Technics or Pioneer 3 heads. Maybe in recording some will show up, but I dont do much of that.:

R0013857.jpg

I was recently gifted a TEAC AS-2300SD 7”, 3 -motor deck.
62315882-88FE-4C7C-AB9E-FC7071D00982.jpeg
(Shown here before I had put the wood said panels back on)
It needed the usual free-up of the capstan mechanism and a brake adjustment.
Working great.

This will now be my goto 7” deck.

Thanx for looking.
Graham

I was recently gifted a TEAC AS-2300SD 7”, 3 -motor deck.
View attachment 1022059
(Shown here before I had put the wood said panels back on)
It needed the usual free-up of the capstan mechanism and a brake adjustment.
Working great.

This will now be my goto 7” deck.

Thanx for looking.
Graham

It looks pretty awesome.
Were you able to do the work, yourself?

Got another Denon Dual cassette deck - I dont understand why these dont get more attention - they sound superb and seem to be very well made and reliable. I dont have any 3 head decks yet, but I have a friend who has 3 of them and I cant tell difference in sound quality from my Denons to his Akais or Technics or Pioneer 3 heads. Maybe in recording some will show up, but I dont do much of that.​

Yes, my single-well DRR-730 was great. With dual wells, though, you can't lose: When and if one goes out..,you're still in business. I've never had a problem with auto reverse, either.​

It looks pretty awesome.
Were you able to do the work, yourself?

Thank you.. and yes I do most of my own repair work.
I have quite a few restored single-motor 7” decks now looking for new homes.
I’m OK with the mechanical stuff but I get stuck with circuit-board components.

The same person gave me this 8-track as well.. it only neeeded a cleaning no disassembly required.
91054A96-DD98-43C5-9A7B-D71CE446AE69.jpeg
Came with 30 8-track tapes.
Appropriate amounts of containerized spirits were exchanged in the trade. LOL
Graham

WP_20171209_23_22_19_Rich.jpg WP_20171209_23_19_41_Rich.jpg

On of my favorite vintage local Vancouver BC thriftstore finds; a good working /sounding Lloyd's Model H217 "woody silverface" cassettedeck. Only issue the tape counter belt i still got to replace!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom