Fisher 1800 Receiver Information thread and roll call

On all of the 49A and 59A amps I've seen and worked on (1965/66 Custom Electra's and 65 Futura/Ambassadors) the Main caps on the amp are colored tan, not black. This is earliest time for them as far as I know. I would think newer than 1966 models would have the Tan colored cap.

Just like to add the 1800 I picked up this weekend. Serial # 52478T. Unit is great shape and being my 3rd Fisher receiver (800B, 400) I'm always looking for info from the more experienced. Thanks for sharing all the knowledge.

Just like to add the 1800 I picked up this weekend. Serial # 52478T. Unit is great shape and being my 3rd Fisher receiver (800B, 400) I'm always looking for info from the more experienced. Thanks for sharing all the knowledge.
Looks to be the latest serial number that we know of, and it still falls within the 1000 that we think were built. Congrats!

Found this old Fisher hanging around in one of my closets ;), thought I'd recap it and install a bias trimmer while I was inside. Breaking in a new matched tung sol quad, everything looking good so far. :thumbsup:

20170722_121329.jpg 20170722_121341.jpg 20170722_121359.jpg

What a nice-looking unit, Steve. Dang, you have a deep set of closets. Mine just have old clothes in them, not Fisher gems! Don't see many 1800's around.
Dave

What a nice-looking unit, Steve. Dang, you have a deep set of closets. Mine just have old clothes in them, not Fisher gems! Don't see many 1800's around.
Dave
I was able to collect (4) of them over the last few years, one of them Dave G. restored, one of them I restored, this one I previously installed Cans and rectifier only, and the other is completely original and working. This unit I am currently working on was in the worst shape, looking better these days though.

After a few hours of burn in on the tubes, I got it adjusted to a very nice .35 V bias, and voltages are listed below.

pin 3 = 439 V
pin 8 = 405 V
pin 6 = -22 V
pin 5 = .35 V

Another very nice 1800 showed up on the auction site, serial # 52468T and includes the original box. So that's (2) known to still have the original box and original output tubes, serial # falls right inline with the others and is near the latest produced.

Fisher 1800 with box.jpg

If you pick it up Steve, you could become an 1800 dealer!! :rflmao:

Dave
I don't really have any desire to sell any of my collection, but also have decided not to add anymore. It's nice to see these mint 1800's pop up from time to time though.

Whoa! Looks like a great unit, but price is pretty dear. Would love to have one, though.

That seller on the auction site usually has a nice bunch of Fisher gear, had some 55A's awhile back and a couple 200's as well....

I decided to take the plunge and bought the restored 1800 today as a keeper. From the pics, the unit looks to be in good condition and the wood cabinet looks quite good. Work underneath looks OK, but will take a close look when it arrives. Always wanted a 500C/800C to go with my modified (per Larry G) 400. Love the looks of the 1800!
Dave

Thanks, guys! Look forward to getting it here. Will send some pics and condition report. Thanks for flagging it, Steve.

FISHER used SYLVANIA tubes late in the game from about 1965 on up. One of my 800c's has all TELE's/mullard/brimar branded FISHER's and the other Sylvania's for 12ax7's and RF/IF tubes and you really can't tell much if any difference in them. Both have Russian Tungsol 7591 Reissues for output tubes tho.

Back
Top Bottom