Who's listening online? And with what?

Currently listening to Pissboiler (lol) on Hand of Doom radio. Rpi zero w with Phat Dac loaded with Volumio into the Adcom/ADS.

Currently listening to Pissboiler (lol) on Hand of Doom radio.

index.php

Currently listening to Pissboiler (lol) on Hand of Doom radio. Rpi zero w with Phat Dac loaded with Volumio into the Adcom/ADS.

I went to a fun event Tuesday called BAHFest (Bad Ad Hoc Festival), a sort of tongue in cheek science event where people present humorous but fake science hypotheses. The current award for winning is a statue of Hennig Brand boiling his own urine in hopes of producing gold:

trophyPEEweb.jpg

In Hennig's defense, he was a 17th century alchemist and discovered phosphorus through his efforts which had cool glowing effects so clearly it must be part of the philosopher stone somehow. Anyways, that is enough derailing of this thread on my part. Sorry.

Raining day in the hotel room... working in Seattle, didn’t realized it rained here. Oh yeah Spotify Premiun.
:rockon:

75F791AE-925D-4193-BEC0-D1385AF1BDE4.jpeg

Listening to Radio Paradise on my office setup. (Emerson, Lake & Palmer "Lucky Man" is on now). Listened to Gregory Porter's new album on Apple Music earlier.

Local NPR station via TuneIn, by voice command to room-tuned Sonos One. HUGE improvement in SQ vs Echo. Will be the perfect kitchen radio once its Alexa skill is out of Beta, and other voice services are added.

IMG_20171028_091239.jpg

I'm holding off until Sonos updates so the new units can be paired with Play:1s for stereo, or until I just give in, whichever comes first.

s.

Testing out a new (to me) huge Bluetooth speaker from Sony (GTK-XB90). Listening to the album Carry Fire by Robert Plant from Apple Music. It is the best sounding Bluetooth speaker I have heard, but it is also the largest....by far.:thumbsup:

That bassard is a beast. :rflmao:

2 feet tall and 30 lbs. o_O It should have balloon tires. :biggrin:

6c844f2b-eb13-48aa-8250-a0f367575e39._SL300__.jpg

LOL. I was thinking it would be cool to use out by the pool. The light show it puts on is great. Also, it has a USB port that can take a thumb drive, but can actually double as a power source for my Echo Dot. The speaker actually has a couple RCA inputs, so I can feed it a direct connection or just use Bluetooth. It sounds “great for Bluetooth”. Just need to get a dolly to move it. :rflmao:

Still messing around with it, but I was surprised that there was something like this out on the market. Definitely a niche product, but if you have the guns to carry it around, it will pay off with some pretty good sound. It actually has several DJ features (which is probably its main purpose) built into the app, in addition to many different options for the light show. I wouldn’t have bought it, but I was happy to get one to review.:rockon:

I was thinking it would be cool to use out by the pool. The light show it puts on is great.
Absolutely. It's for sure looks like a great party rig.
...it has a USB port that can take a thumb drive, but can actually double as a power source for my Echo Dot.
Heh... I have been known to geeky do this sometimes with my Dot & Fugoo XL at the Pit. Yet I've found that using the Alexa remote (especially with communal background chatter) is much more productive and practical. :)
.....if you have the guns to carry it around,
LOL...aye.
...has several DJ features (which is probably its main purpose) built into the app, in addition to many different options for the light show
I noticed. Control the lights, etc. from yer phone. Watch yer back deadmau5. :rflmao:

Bounce back with a link to your :thumbsdown::thumbsup: review.

Just streaming off Youtube.
PC's coundcard > Onkyo TX-3000 > Grafyx SP-8 speakers
Currently working my way thru some Noah Gundersen videos.

Absolutely. It's for sure looks like a great party rig.

Heh... I have been known to geeky do this sometimes with my Dot & Fugoo XL at the Pit. Yet I've found that using the Alexa remote (especially with communal background chatter) is much more productive and practical. :)

LOL...aye.

I noticed. Control the lights, etc. from yer phone. Watch yer back deadmau5. :rflmao:

Bounce back with a link to your :thumbsdown::thumbsup: review.
Having a pool in Memphis means you are obligated to have parties in the summer.

Lol... I think I will stick to my day job. :biggrin:

Will do!

I'm holding off until Sonos updates so the new units can be paired with Play:1s for stereo, or until I just give in, whichever comes first.

s.
Doesn't look like they will support stereo pairing a One with a 1. You can group them, of course, but that's not the same thing, obviously.

Spence tweeting that eventually they want all music services available via all voice services. Alexa controlling Apple Music? Can skip, stop, resume, etc AM via Alexa today, just can't (yet) select and start AM via Alexa. Will be interesting to see what level of interaction Apple, Google and Amazon will allow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Patrick_Spence/status/922955052133879809

Back
Top Bottom