Who's listening online? And with what?

Doesn't look like they will support stereo pairing a One with a 1. You can group them, of course, but that's not the same thing, obviously.

Spence tweeting that eventually they want all music services available via all voice services. Alexa controlling Apple Music? Can skip, stop, resume, etc AM via Alexa today, just can't (yet) select and start AM via Alexa. Will be interesting to see what level of interaction Apple, Google and Amazon will allow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Patrick_Spence/status/922955052133879809
Sounds like the same features you get with a Bluetooth connection to Alexa. I use it for podcasts and AM quite a bit because you can at least tell it when to stop and resume. At least "Hey Siri" has gotten a lot better over the past few months that I can connect the Phone to Alexa via Blutooth and still use "Hey Siri" to tell it what to play. Of course, I would prefer it to work independently of my phone, but I think Apple is going to hold out for the HomePod to add more deeply integrated features to a stand alone speaker.

Listening to Count Basie Swings - Joe Williams Sings (Apple Music, Belkin Songstream Bluetooth, and Sangean radio - my work "setup").

Huh. Just discovered that the Fire TV remote can voice control the Sonos One, too. I suppose it will do the same for the Echo and Dot, just can't come up with a good reason to do it, since all of them can easily hear me from anywhere in the room, lol.

Huh. Just discovered that the Fire TV remote can voice control the Sonos One, too. I suppose it will do the same for the Echo and Dot, just can't come up with a good reason to do it, since all of them can easily hear me from anywhere in the room, lol.
Interesting. Let us know if it can control the Dot. May be worth adding a Firetv to the bedroom to get the remote (depending on how much the price difference is between the Alexa remote and FireTV) Will want one or the other next spring.

Happy Halloween! I know a lot of people will be streaming Thriller before the day is done. :yikes:

Screenshot_20171031_084029.png

Spotify Premium > CCA > Topping D30 > Kenwood krf-v5060d > Polk Monitor 5a.

Eric

Interesting. Let us know if it can control the Dot. May be worth adding a Firetv to the bedroom to get the remote (depending on how much the price difference is between the Alexa remote and FireTV) Will want one or the other next spring.

I would stick with the Echo remote, which pairs directly with an Echo or Dot. The Fire TV remote only pairs with the Fire Stick, so you need to specify where you want it to send music. And, unless your TV is on, and switched to the Fire Stick, you won’t get any visual or audible feedback. It’s really not a very practical remote for anything but the Fire Stick.

I would stick with the Echo remote, which pairs directly with an Echo or Dot. The Fire TV remote only pairs with the Fire Stick, so you need to specify where you want it to send music. And, unless your TV is on, and switched to the Fire Stick, you won’t get any visual or audible feedback. It’s really not a very practical remote for anything but the Fire Stick.
Thanks for the info!

Bounce back with a link to your :thumbsdown::thumbsup: review.

Here is the link to my review of the Sony Speaker.

Just a short quick synopsis for this not wanting to bother with the link...All in all, I like it. I found a corner in my small home office where it will stay plugged in (so it will be fully charged when I want to carry it outside) and mainly used with the Dot. Though, I will keep the Dot plugged into my main office system and use the Bluetooth feature with the speaker. I didn't like Sony's stock "clear audio" setting, but I was able to tweak the EQ to get it to sound less muddy. All in all, I like it. The apps could be more responsive, but outside of that, it is a fun, though huge portable speaker. (more detail in the link if anyone is more interested.)

Spotify Premium >> Pogopug V4 >> Schiit Modi >> Marantz AV550 >> Adcom GFA 535 >> Dual LS205EB (the office system)

Started with Greta Van Fleet's Black Smoke Rising EP. Now onto songs picked by the Don't Stop The Music plugin which picks similar songs from my music collection and Spotify.

Sunday afternoon today is my typical Live Jazz Show streaming schedule.

I'll be in my media room so the McIntosh will sit idle in the living room. But my media room setup is not too bad.

Streaming via an Apple iPad (Apple Music where possible and TuneIn or station app where station is not carried by AM) via Airplay to a DLNA/Airplay receiver then optical out to Sony STR-k502p digital receiver optical input to Infinity RS-4 floor speakers (mains) and Cambridge Audio (rears). I find the DAC in the Sony to be exceptional.

Lineup starts 3:00 PM and concludes at Midnight Eastern.

WCBE - Jazz Sunday with Jack Marchbanks and KC Jones 3:00-6:00 PM www.wcbe.org
CJRT - Big Band Jazz Show with Glen Woodcock 6:00 - 9:00 PM www.jazz.fm
WLRN - Night Train Jazz with Uncle Ted Grossman 9:00 - Midnight www.wlrn.org

Aloha!

-Billy

Radio Paradise either through an Amazon Dot connected to Marantz 2235B and Fortes or SSD Ipod
OR
Radio Paradise or Soma FM or my own music collection through an Amazon Dot or an original Squeezebox and Fortes
I do use 256G SSD ipod Classic with lossless files as well

Avoiding the start to shoveling season - damn, that lake effect gets heavier every year - a custom station on Pandora, "Bud Powell Radio," via my Amazon Tap. I heard Bud, Monk, and I think Vince Guaraldi.

s.

For a few minutes before work...Massimo Urbani's "The Blessing," iTunes purchase (I posted about this album over in the jazz thread in music), Logitech Media Server running on ancient MacMini, playout thru' Squeezebox Classic and family room stereo - NAD receiver, PSB B1 speakers.

Even though I use Sonos gear with great enjoyment, I continue to be amazed by the afterlife of the Squeezebox system. There's been no new Squeezebox in close to a decade, but a dedicated community not only keeps the system alive, it has morphed what was a mostly proprietary system into an open source, networked music player. You want a new Squeezebox in late 2017? Buy a Raspberry Pi. You want services not officially offered by Squeezebox? Download the community-based builds of Logitech Media Server. and install plug-ins for things like Spotify.

I suppose it will go away eventually, but an outside observer would have thought the Squeezebox system would be dead by now. That it isn't, is kinda heroic.

s.

Gov't Mule
Revolution Come... Revolution Go

Spotify Premium >> Pogopug V4 >> Schiit Modi >> Marantz AV550 >> Adcom GFA 535 >> Dual LS205EB

A tribute to Dan Fogelberg.. various artists

Apple Music - iPhone 7 Plus - AirPlay - Denon X4200W - Monitor Audio Silver RS6

Pandora - "June Christy Radio," one of my small handful of custom channels. So far, the lady herself, Ella, Jo Stafford, as we get ready for Thanksgiving dinner. On my Sonos Play:1s.

s.

Back
Top Bottom