MA 252

does the display show you where you have the tone controls set? Where's the video out so you can see the settings across the room? Where's the remote input sensor connector or do you use a flasher remote repeater. Dare I say it reminds me of a toy for a big kid? I started with a MA 230, and it was a lot more than this piece from first glance..

I don't mind it. Once you take off those little tube cages it should look a whole lot better.

By the way, didn't Ron-C recently tells us a 2 channel preamp/integrated does not need a sub out? Which is true of course but now they have one.

MA252 will be the dream come true for many customers but not all. There would be little point in developing a new product like this if there was not a need.

Thanks
does the display show you where you have the tone controls set? Where's the video out so you can see the settings across the room? Where's the remote input sensor connector or do you use a flasher remote repeater. Dare I say it reminds me of a toy for a big kid? I started with a MA 230, and it was a lot more than this piece from first glance..

Yes the display shows any trim settings you adjust. Trust me, once you see and hear it you will know that MA252 is no toy. Minimalist design, yes.

Thanks, Ron-C

And now the savings will begin! This is the perfect solution for me, hope to be able to see/demo in person soon. :banana:

Me too! This might be my first foray into the world of McIntosh. Been lusting for one for a while, saving up for an MC275... but I may just go this route. I saw somewhere it will be around $3,500USD and available for pre-orders now for end of year deliveries. I would like to hear it first though.

Me too! This might be my first foray into the world of McIntosh. Been lusting for one for a while, saving up for an MC275... but I may just go this route. I saw somewhere it will be around $3,500USD and available for pre-orders now for end of year deliveries. I would like to hear it first though.

I hope all that you have heard is true/close to true... if so would definitely be the best news I have heard all week!

I hope all that you have heard is true/close to true... if so would definitely be the best news I have heard all week!

This article has the price.

Pricing and Availability
Orders for the MA252 can now be placed with Authorized McIntosh dealers with shipping expected to begin in November.

Suggested retail price (VAT, shipping and any customs duties related to current standards of individual countries are excluded): $3,500 USD

:bowdown:

Hey Ron-C, thanks! Sorry, I'm fairly new here and didn't mean to cause any confusion. I take it you've seen and heard this new unit? Are you a dealer? If so, care to PM me a price so I can see if my piggy bank can handle it or do I need to keep saving.

Hey Ron-C......can you tell us if Mc will be using OLED displays in future units.... ie...amps,pres etc?

Going to hold off upgrading my NAD integrated until more info (and pricing) is available. Ticks all the boxes for me as far as a Mac integrated is concerned (except maybe the lack of the famous blue meters).

I don't mind it. Once you take off those little tube cages it should look a whole lot better.

By the way, didn't Ron-C recently tells us a 2 channel preamp/integrated does not need a sub out? Which is true of course but now they have one.

MA252 does not have pre out and main in so the sub out is a full range mono signal.
Ron-C

Personally, I find the lights under the tubes kind of tacky...

At least they do serve to alert the operational status of the tubes. Otherwise placing the tubes in front of the control panel seems a bit unorthodox. Once upon a time, nobody gave a second thought to tube visibility in equipment; hardly on conspicuous display as it is now.

@Al D'Addario - Welcome to AK.
wave.gif

Back
Top Bottom