Jazz Fusion Playlist

Incredible news on John McLaughlin's U.S. Farewell Tour!!

Unfortunately they aren't playing in Arizona so I was going to miss this show and I have been really bummed out about missing it . . . . but they going to have a "Free Live Streaming Webcast" of the full concert next Saturday night at 8 pm Eastern!! I've seen every tour that JM has ever played in the U.S. since my first show on the "Birds of Fire" tour in '73.
Can't wait till Saturday Night!! :beerchug:

The guy I sat next to at the JM show last night, last saw them in 1970 when they opened for Return To Forever. The show last night was incredible BTW. I posted a thread in the music forum.
Thanks for the heads up on the live stream. I was considering seeing them again, but good seats are probably not available. I will be watching.

Last edited:
The guy I sat next to at the JM show last night, last saw them in 1970 when they opened for Return To Forever. The show last night was incredible BTW. I posted a thread in the music forum.
Thanks for the heads up on the live stream. I was considering seeing them again, but good seats are probably not available. I will be watching.

Sounded like a great show! I was tempted to go to either LA or Chicago but I can't get away at this time. Being able to watch it Saturday night on the big screen is a dream come true!

Sounded like a great show! I was tempted to go to either LA or Chicago but I can't get away at this time. Being able to watch it Saturday night on the big screen is a dream come true!

I'm going to have to post a note near my laptop so I don't forget. I'm going to watch it on my Google TV that's connected to my HT. I can't wait. Those guys tore it up last night. I'm still in awe.

I'm going to have to post a note near my laptop so I don't forget. I'm going to watch it on my Google TV that's connected to my HT. I can't wait. Those guys tore it up last night. I'm still in awe.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/925992094065295360

DNnI5IJVQAAKht3.jpg

DNnI5ILUIAAGAd8.jpg

So fitting that John would have a new double neck PRS for this occasion!
No kidding! Shades of early Mahavishnu days.
I saw them in the Celebrity theatre. OMG! Billy Cobham was so physically powerful the small revolving stage was rocking!!
And Jerry Goodman was taking the biggest hits and holding them for longer than I've ever seen anybody do.
Then exhaling an enormous cloud of ganja smoke to crank off a killer solo!
What a fantastic show.

No kidding! Shades of early Mahavishnu days.
I saw them in the Celebrity theatre. OMG! Billy Cobham was so physically powerful the small revolving stage was rocking!!
And Jerry Goodman was taking the biggest hits and holding them for longer than I've ever seen anybody do.
Then exhaling an enormous cloud of ganja smoke to crank off a killer solo!
What a fantastic show.

That's freaking awesome brother, thanks, love it! :beerchug:

You all were so lucky to have even seen Mahavishnu, I have been a fan since I got Birds of Fire for a birthday gift at 13 years old, that was in 1973. Finally John McLaughlin came to MN with his new "One Truth Band", which was one heck of a show, living in flyover country sucks in that regard, however some artists make a point to stop by. For the sake of great memories:
johnmclaughlin-one-truth1.jpg

Acoustic Alchemy - American/English

Cover.JPG
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9154

You all were so lucky to have even seen Mahavishnu, I have been a fan since I got Birds of Fire for a birthday gift at 13 years old, that was in 1973. Finally John McLaughlin came to MN with his new "One Truth Band", which was one heck of a show, living in flyover country sucks in that regard, however some artists make a point to stop by. For the sake of great memories:
View attachment 1037944

Where did you find that CD set? I want that! :)

That was recorded at "My Father's Place" in NY.

I also saw The One Truth Band at the Park West, Chicago. What an incredible show it was! The Billy Cobham Band was back up. Weeks after the concert radio station WXRT aired one hour of the McLaughlin segment of the show on the radio and I recorded on cassette and still play it to this day. I recently found what seems to be a bootleg CD of that same show that I saw/recorded. See link below.

https://www.giginjapan.com/john-mclaughlin-one-truth-band-live-at-park-west/

JM_One_Truth_Band_78.jpg

Back
Top Bottom