What's your latest audio purchase?

I've finally reached the end (or is it the actual start?) Wandered into Reel to Reel with a nice Pioneer RT-1011. Needed a good cleaning and a bit more work, but this one has VU meters AND spinny things!

The tape it came with had a recording of live Supertramp I think in China. I wont do anything to overwrite that side for now

Attachments

• IMG_3272.PNG
    IMG_3272.PNG
    313.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3272B.png
    IMG_3272B.png
    679.6 KB · Views: 32
Benz-Micro Lukaschek PP-1 T9 MC preamp and bargain MC20E2L cartridge.

The preamp is gorgeous, both visually and aurally, and is a keeper. The cheap cartridge is very good, but will probably go after I save my pennies for a Glider or a "Woodie" :).

22489660_1252412758197954_3145670584613134520_n(1).jpg

BenzMC20E2 L.jpg

I picked up a pair of M&K satellite's and Servo Subwoofer from the original owner the other day He bought them in 1978, I didn't need them but for $65 I couldn't pass them up. I have them in the bedroom now with a Carver C-4000 and a Yamaha 80 watt amp and they sound great. Best purchase in a while.

index.php

BT strikes again! picked this up from our member chapps.....WOW! Will be my new everyday player. Love it!

Any good things I need to know? Want this beauty to last!
For the most part I have moved on from the 70s receivers.I picked up this unit near the end of that run and it worked and sounded pretty damn good.Good enough to push my 9090db out and most all the rest.But like anything forty years old it showed some age related issues.The tuner string became loose enough to not move the dial pointer and through the phono section a resistor starts smoking.In spite of these I chose to keep this and have a total resto on it(not done yet)due to the sound I heard and the beauty(the best looking 70s unit IMO) of it.Really the only advice is it is old and going to more than likely need some refreshing but well worth it.

Ashly XR2001... It's no Driverack 48xx but it'll do for now. Just need to get cabling and we'll be well on our way to hearing these Tesseracts for the first time!

Stock image:

245-209_HR_0.jpg

I was lucky enough to grab a Yamaha CX-1000 preamp from an AK member to pair with my Yamaha MX-1000 amp that I picked up in August. The preamp needs repair, but is in excellent condition. Life is good!

I pulled the trigger on these two I found at a local thrift. Need them like a hole in the head, but what the Heck got em cheap. $12 for the Sanyo turntable with new looking AT cart. $34 for the Pioneer Elite vsx-99 receiver. Apparently the receiver was $2k when new. Both work great. Will look for a youngster in want of a starter TT to pass it on to.1104172009b.jpg

Picked up a Sansui 5000x today on craigslist .I usually look everyday on the electronics page usually not finding anything of interest. But today this pops up for $40 and had only been listed for 1 hour . I thought someone has already snapped this up, but a lady answers and is willing to meet locally. .The power button is broken and it's little dirty. I get it home and bypass the power switch and she roars to life.. Seems to work on aux just fine but the fm is not great ,working but acts like it is struggling to pull in a local station. In nice shape cosmetically overall i'm happy with it. Maybe the tuner needs an alignment .

Back
Top Bottom