Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Went a bit overboard this morning (by my standards) but it sure was fun. All new sealed stuff.

The Cure ~ The Head on the Door (Rhino Vinyl/Remastered by Robert Smith)
ANONHI ~ HOPELESSNESS
FKA Twigs ~ M3LL155X (EP)
Solange ~ A Seat at the Table
Run the Jewels ~ Run the Jewels 2

plus the new Kamasi Washington Harmony of Difference CD and Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly on CD. They were cheap, and, even though I have TPAB on LP, I needed both CDs because I have to have some new stuff to bounce me along to work.

plus a pair of Skullcandy earbuds. Cheap ones that I'm using mainly to block out coworker noise.

This weekends pickups
First - Flea Market Finds
Charles Kynard WLP
Canned Heat and John Lee Hooker - Hooker and Heat
King Crimson - In the Wake of Poseiden
Son Volt - Trace
Tanned Leather - Child of Never Ending Love
Grant Green Breakbeats

New110417.jpg

More from this weekend - These came cheap from an antique store

Pic 1
The Best of the Band
Eric Burdon and the Animals - The Twain Shall Meet
Jesse Colin Young - The Soul of a City Boy
Doc and Merle Watson - Then and Now
Patsy Cline - Here's Patsy Cline
Earl Scruggs - I Saw the Light With Help From My Friends

New110417B.jpg

Pic 2
Donovan - Sunshine Superman
Grin S/T
Grin - 1+1
Barry Goldberg and ... - Two Jews Blues (It was supposed to be Barry Goldberg and Mike Bloomfield but they couldn't put his name on the title for contractual reasons)

New110417C.jpg

Ha! I do, AAMOF.

You know it's coming out soon on MFSL. No Bolero, but I wouldn't mind having a crystal clear copy. Hope they don't screw it up. Not all MOFI releases are stunning these days.

That may be wrong. I emailed Music Direct and they said Bolero is on it.

Spent more than normal $1 per lp but saw some records at my local store $5 bin and decided to splurge since my birthday was coming up. Picked up the following (all in vg+ or better condition):

Yes - st - original US 1st pressing
Yes - Time And a Word - original US 1st pressing
Yes - Close to The Edge - German pressing
Yes - Yessongs - German Pressing
Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers - original US 1st pressing
Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow - original US 1st pressing
Traffic - Heaven is In Your Mind - early UA pressing
Stan Kenton - Classics - original US 1st pressing
Stan Kenton - New Concepts of Artistry and Rhythm - original US 1st pressing
Jackie & Roy - Free and Easy - original US 1st pressing
Sonny Criss - At The Crossroads - original US 1st pressing

Of the 11 records, I was most excited about the Sonny Criss record as this is the first time I have come across this record. In researching it, it seems it is a pretty rare record. I am anxious to clean it and hopefully it plays well.

I have high hopes for this double LP (Steve Hoffman's handiwork from the mid-1980s), which is on its way. My late 1980s MCA CDs sound pretty good, but I'm hoping this will do those one better.

R-3847328-1428191661-3817.jpeg.jpg

I have that LP, purchased late 1980s, I believe. I have not played it for many years but I remember thinking it sounds very good. Pretty nice packaging, too.

I have high hopes for this double LP (Steve Hoffman's handiwork from the mid-1980s), which is on its way. My late 1980s MCA CDs sound pretty good, but I'm hoping this will do those one better.

Just ordered Dylan's Christian Trilogy: Slow Train Coming, Shot of Love, and Saved in vinyl. Have various copies in CD, but for some reason didn't have the vinyl.

5 Euros each, local second hand store. Very fine vinyl condition, I just had to remove some dust and to replace these damned destructive paper inner sleeves.

001.JPG

Joan as Police Woman - Damned Devotion

I was excited and ordered this limited edition couple weeks ago. Found out it shipping from England and being released in February 2018. AARRGH

Joan-As-Poilce-Woman_Damned-Devotion.jpg

Splurged this weekend.

Saturday:

Lana Del Rey ~ Born to Die
Kendrick Lamar ~ untitled. unmastered.
Kanye West ~ College Dropout
SZA ~ CTRL (gorgeous translucent green vinyl, 2xlp, gatefold)

Sunday:

Lana Del Rey ~ Paradise
Lana Del Rey ~ Honeymoon (the deluxe set)

Just got Elton John Madman across the water. (Remastered). REM Automatic for the People (remastered) and Esquivel's Other worlds other sounds.

I have that LP, purchased late 1980s, I believe. I have not played it for many years but I remember thinking it sounds very good. Pretty nice packaging, too.

Played sides one and two and the sound is stellar. The percussion really stands out. I seem to have received an excellent copy, as well. Perfectly clean. Like new.

Back
Top Bottom