Greetings from Baltimore

I moved to Iowa City in 1992. My older brother went to U of I in1980-1985. Stereo stores I had been to were Audio Odyssey, Electronics Cave, and Hawkeye Audio. The Record Collector is still around.

I am spending a few months in Baltimore this fall. We should hit the record stores together sometime.

My current favorites are True Vine and Strawberry Fields in Hampden and Normals over on Greenmount.

I am spending a few months in Baltimore this fall. We should hit the record stores together sometime.

My current favorites are True Vine and Strawberry Fields in Hampden and Normals over on Greenmount.
Yeah, that would be cool. Are you here for school?

I moved to Iowa City in 1992. My older brother went to U of I in1980-1985. Stereo stores I had been to were Audio Odyssey, Electronics Cave, and Hawkeye Audio. The Record Collector is still around.

The Record Collector is an amazing success story. I know the owner slightly. He started the store as just a few crates of records in the corner of someone else's book store. He told me he put every dollar he earned back into his store until he could finally rent his own place, and he said that because of that practice, he has never had to take out a business loan.

In a way. My wife is teaching at Hopkins and I am on sabbatical.

If she's on the main Hopkins university campus, she'll be working in a really pretty part of town. That area reminds me of Minneapolis in a way -- very green, well-preserved historic homes.

If she's on the main Hopkins university campus, she'll be working in a really pretty part of town. That area reminds me of Minneapolis in a way -- very green, well-preserved historic homes.

Yes, we live on the northern edge of the campus in a neighborhood called Guilford. It's quite beautiful.

Check out Celebrated Summer on Falls Road across from the 7-11
Great jazz section tons of rock as well.
Also Ramm on Records in North Point Flea Market

1510324939719341244014.jpg15103250591191838284576.jpg

Welcome, keep your eyes open, there seems to be a lot of interesting gear around the Parkville area for some reason

Lots of people in the 1970's era Parkville/Towson and Pikesville/Owings Mills and Catonsville areas had nice rigs purchased years ago at Luskins, Stereo Discounters and Gordon Miller Music as well as Gramaphone, Discerning Ear...pre internet it was geographic availability to some extant. Plus now Just Audio in Parkville has nice vintage gear available readily..

Any time I see something interesting on C'list and it's in Baltimore, it's always Parkville. Don't know why.

Parkville has a deep musician community as well as alot of 50 to 70+ year old music fans, prior pro players etc., and tons and tons of older individual homes, i.e. soon to be downsizzers..rowhomes and condos and apartments aren't typically hot beds of monster audio rigs..
BTW I live in Parkville, used to work at GM and play music and have a sound company

Last edited:
Hey, FOH, I don't think I've been to those yet. Do they stock much in the way of new releases and new reissues?

Yes but the good news is TONS of clean cover VG+ used vinyl. Celebrated Summer has a legit owner music lover that buys and sells quality...Joppatowne flea market has a great vinyl shop in the back right hand corner, with 2 for 1 bogos and mostly very clean covers and a deep inventory of stuff, not just commons...I shouldn't give this info out, cause it will cost me cool scores on the weekends.:banana::beatnik:

Back
Top Bottom