What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Very nice indeed!
What source was playing in your system?

Thanks. The source is a Bluesound Vault 2. Ripped from CD. I have a copy of that album on vinyl and I think it sounds better that way, but I can't stop playing with that Vault. It holds an incredible amount of music and I can control it through the app on my phone. It's great for sitting outside having a couple beers and listening to music. Unfortunately, I think the weather for that is about gone for this year.

DSCN8682.JPG

oh oh... pretty shabby. Just trying to figure something out.
All Mac, 'though.
4100, MCD500, MR78, C27, MC2205, 1.2s.

Attachments

• DSCN8682.JPG
    DSCN8682.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN8682.JPG
    DSCN8682.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 36
Our new thread. :)

Tell us what McIntosh gear you are using. If you have photographs to share
please do include them.

Off topic posts in this thread will be subject to deletion.

You can attach pics or link to your hosting. You can also use and link from the Member's Gallery.

Carl

BTW, My amp that is pictured in my banner. I have 3 more of them.

I have 2 MC 1.2 KW, 3 MC 601, MT 10, CA 50, MX 150 (soon to be replaced by MX 122). I am very happy with my Audio units, less happy with the MX side.

I use Sonus Faber Il Cremonese as my main speakers. Also have a pair of Amati Futuras with Homage Vox as center on the way.

Hi,

The MC1.2KW have been dream amps of mine forever. You have a wonderful system.

I have 2 MC 1.2 KW, 3 MC 601, MT 10, CA 50, MX 150 (soon to be replaced by MX 122). I am very happy with my Audio units, less happy with the MX side.

I use Sonus Faber Il Cremonese as my main speakers. Also have a pair of Amati Futuras with Homage Vox as center on the way.

Thanks. The source is a Bluesound Vault 2. Ripped from CD. I have a copy of that album on vinyl and I think it sounds better that way, but I can't stop playing with that Vault. It holds an incredible amount of music and I can control it through the app on my phone. It's great for sitting outside having a couple beers and listening to music. Unfortunately, I think the weather for that is about gone for this year.

Streaming is lots of fun and provides music for hours on end.

I'm using an Aurender N100H digital streamer with built-in hard drive (storage). The user interface is extremely robust & reliable and I run it from my Apple iPad Mini.

BIG changes happening, at least temporarily... If you look down-forum, you'll see the stretched out saga of my MAC-4100 woes. Got me thinking about that MX-112 my brother sent south with me, with some unspecified ailment. Well, after hooking it up to an amp and an antenna, and feeding it some signals, and lo and behold I can't find a single solitary thing wrong with it. Ok, fine. Now I need an amp...

That took me to the back-breaking hulk of a 275 sitting just over my left shoulder. After finding a VERY helpful thread about diagnosing power woes without having the tubes plugged in, I gritted my teeth, cracked open the amp and took a look around. Huh, no visible issues - no scorch marks, damaged or broken components, etc. Maybe it was the tube that was bad? Dug out the variac and hooked it up, pulled all the tubes, and ran it up to 117V and started measuring. Nothing was amiss. Put in the little guys; still good. Pulled out one of my precious spare KT88s, tubed up the big sockets, and still no anomalies! It LIVES!

As Solomon wrote, there is nothing new under the sun; everything that is old becomes new again. Now the main system in the family room has the MX-112 and the MC-275, both of which at various times lived in the parents' and the brother's systems. This should keep me going until I get the 4100 fixed!
family.room.system.111017.640.jpg

mx112.111017.640.jpg

mc275.111017.640.jpg

BIG changes happening, at least temporarily... If you look down-forum, you'll see the stretched out saga of my MAC-4100 woes. Got me thinking about that MX-112 my brother sent south with me, with some unspecified ailment. Well, after hooking it up to an amp and an antenna, and feeding it some signals, and lo and behold I can't find a single solitary thing wrong with it. Ok, fine. Now I need an amp...

That took me to the back-breaking hulk of a 275 sitting just over my left shoulder. After finding a VERY helpful thread about diagnosing power woes without having the tubes plugged in, I gritted my teeth, cracked open the amp and took a look around. Huh, no visible issues - no scorch marks, damaged or broken components, etc. Maybe it was the tube that was bad? Dug out the variac and hooked it up, pulled all the tubes, and ran it up to 117V and started measuring. Nothing was amiss. Put in the little guys; still good. Pulled out one of my precious spare KT88s, tubed up the big sockets, and still no anomalies! It LIVES!

As Solomon wrote, there is nothing new under the sun; everything that is old becomes new again. Now the main system in the family room has the MX-112 and the MC-275, both of which at various times lived in the parents' and the brother's systems. This should keep me going until I get the 4100 fixed!

mx112.111017.640.jpg

mc275.111017.640.jpg
You’ll get by ... lol!

mx112.111017.640.jpg

mc275.111017.640.jpg
Wonderful Gear. Compliments!:bowdown:

Please allow me some questions:
How do you operate the turntable? Do you have space enough to change the LP?
You are sure the MC275 will not get to hot if switched on? I know how much heat my MC275 release during operation and I would be a little bit nervous if the amp is so tight build into the rack.:confused:

Wonderful Gear. Compliments!:bowdown:

Please allow me some questions:
How do you operate the turntable? Do you have space enough to change the LP?
The turntable is on pull-out shelf that uses a pair of 100lb full-extension file drawer tracks.

You are sure the MC275 will not get to hot if switched on? I know how much heat my MC275 release during operation and I would be a little bit nervous if the amp is so tight build into the rack.:confused:
The 275 has enough clearance around it, and the cabinet back is open, so there's plenty of airflow. The amp lived for many years in a much smaller space behind a closed door at the parents' house, but still had sufficient airflow not to get too hot, so I'm not terribly worried. Once the receiver's fixed and back in, the 275 will go back to its home atop a cabinet in my office.

A few changes this year.

Addition of a SimAudio Moon 260D transport.

Was looking for a smaller speaker than my Vandersteens. Replaced them with Byrston Mini-T. As much as I enjoyed the Vandys, the Mini-T is a much better fit with my MA6600.
A little more forward sounding, but more to my taste. Call me impressed.

Good news at Forum Mcintosh. I use the integrated amplifier I have on Photo below, ( MA 7900). The rest of my system appears in the system members section. I would like somebody to tell me all the adjustments that need to be made to the amplifier to get the best possible sound. I ask this because my english is not very good and I am afraid I did not do something right. Could somebody help me please?

Attachments

• 20171124_110737.jpg
    20171124_110737.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 98
....ehh "using" as in topic tittle; is not exactly what's happening at the moment to my MC2100 and my other black silver gold brown etc stereo gear; but that's just temporally. It's mint inside out; including sound and 100% stil origional like 99% of my hifi stuff. Having said that:" I do love this amp." Its one of the favourite vintage poweramps i own.

Uploaded new fotos taken out of the Ikea bag. See my next reply / post further below on this "page".

Attachments

• WP_20171209_21_05_44_Rich.jpg
    WP_20171209_21_05_44_Rich.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Here are some of the things I have now. "Inventory" changes every so often.

MX110Z
MX110X
MX113
MC240
MC2505-2
MA5100

All of these models were found locally in various condition.

Currently, my favorite is the mx110x into the mc240 with my Altec Valencias. The previous owner of that mx110 bought it new in 1963 or 1964 from Brock HiFi in Beaumont, Tx. The date code on the CTS pots is 35th week of 1962!

IMG_20170902_150150.jpg
IMG_20171221_142132.jpg
IMG_20171208_231623.jpg
IMG_20171207_091534.jpg
IMG_20171206_191308.jpg
IMG_20171111_191028.jpg
IMG_20171103_104220.jpg
IMG_20171220_170155.jpg
IMG_20171201_190438.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom