Gotta start somewhere...

Be warned, it is a lot like potato chips, it is very difficult to stop with just one, turntable/phono cartridge/record.

Not to worry. AK will help you control this affliction by encouraging you to take advantage of every purchase that comes you way.:eek::D

Congratulations on your new purchase!

May you enjoy all of the music that it provides to you.

Don't want to sound like a teenager here, but OMG, one album and it's 2112? My faith in the human race grows stronger.
When I was a teenager in the '70s and just getting into music I went to the record store to buy my 1st record. It was a toss up between 2112 and Golden Earring's Moontan (w/Radar Love). I went with Golden Earring. Looking back, what was I thinking? Got it right the 2nd time around.

6Gvjw.gif

Enjoy and Welcome to AK!

When I was a teenager in the '70s and just getting into music I went to the record store to buy my 1st record. It was a toss up between 2112 and Golden Earring's Moontan (w/Radar Love). I went with Golden Earring. Looking back, what was I thinking? Got it right the 2nd time around.

Ah, well, you got there in the end, and no doubt had an incredible musical journey along the way. Seems to me sometimes that my entire life has been punctuated by Rush album releases, which is quite worrying considering I was around for a few years before the band was.

Ah, well, you got there in the end, and no doubt had an incredible musical journey along the way. Seems to me sometimes that my entire life has been punctuated by Rush album releases, which is quite worrying considering I was around for a few years before the band was.
Rush is definitely a desert island band for me. I can't even remember how many Rush LPs, 8-Tracks, cassettes, CDs, and DVDs I've owned. They kinda lost me after Moving Pictures though.

Welcome to AK. NICE table! What cart is installed? Become a subscriber and you have access to our "Bartertown" and all the awesome vinyl offered up by members.

Nicely done! :thumbsup: You're doing far better than I was when I got started with vinyl in the early '90s. My first 'turntables' were crappy BSR record changers built into equally-crappy '70s Emerson tabletop all-in-one stereos which I got as hand-me-downs. My first LP was randomly chosen from a stack of records I found in our attic, "Christmas with Jack Jones". You can better believe that I quickly got tired of listening to "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" as I attempted to determine why the tonearm on one of the BSRs kept getting hung up. Eventually, I determined I needed a better way to play records, so I asked for an Optimus receiver for Christmas, got a Garrard record changer handed down to me, and it's all been downhill since then.......... :music::crazy:
-Adam
Shameless Vinyl Hipster

IMO Rush never did a song that rocked like Radar Love. Golden Earring was a pretty good live act too, as was Rush, of course.

I remember, barely, all those years ago, when I had only one LP of my own. Most of my listening was of my parents' records. My father had a slew of Johnny Cash on Sun records, and the rest of his catalogue on Columbia. My mother's 78s, and Herb Alpert and the TJB. (I was taking up the trumpet)

I still have those old records, and about 4K more, since. This after three major purges, over the decades.

Oh, and new vinyl on its way from the label.

No, it never ends. Over 50 years of buying and listening to records, and there are others here with more 'seniority' than me.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom