Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Need some advice from ya'll.
I'm looking to add a decent turntable to my stereo, nothing crazy, I'd only spin every once in a while.
Specifically a fully manual, affordable, vintage YAMAHA or new U-turn.
I've been checking ebay for months for a yammi but they're all either automatic or insanely expensive / overpriced.
My plan was to spend under $250 with a new cartridge, bc that's what a new U-turn with Grado Black1 costs.
Am I missing something?
I've actually given up and am super close to picking up a Technics SL-1500 locally when I thought I'd post here as a last effort.
Thanks all for any input!

Need some advice from ya'll.
I'm looking to add a decent turntable to my stereo, nothing crazy, I'd only spin every once in a while.
Specifically a fully manual, affordable, vintage YAMAHA or new U-turn.
I've been checking ebay for months for a yammi but they're all either automatic or insanely expensive / overpriced.
My plan was to spend under $250 with a new cartridge, bc that's what a new U-turn with Grado Black1 costs.
Am I missing something?
I've actually given up and am super close to picking up a Technics SL-1500 locally when I thought I'd post here as a last effort.
Thanks all for any input!
If the Technics SL-1500 is in good operating order, it will fulfill your needs quite well.

View attachment 1024264 Here is one of my vintage Yamaha setups. I started out with very clean examples and had everything fully recapped and restored. Incredible sound from this vintage audio. This group is made up of the following.

Yamaha M2 Power Amp (two amps)
Yamaha C2X Pre Amp
Yamaha C2A Pre Amp (two pre amps)
Yamaha C2 Pre Amp
Yamaha C4 Pre Amp
Yamaha T2 FM Tuner
Yamaha CT 7000 FM Tuner
Yamaha K2000 Cassette Deck
Yamaha CDX 1050 CD Player
Yamaha YP 801BL Turntable
Yamaha YP D8 Turntable
Yamaha YP D10 Turntable
Paradigm Reference Speakers

Nice! You have the rare chance to directly compare those preamps to each other. So what say you?

View attachment 1024264 Here is one of my vintage Yamaha setups. I started out with very clean examples and had everything fully recapped and restored. Incredible sound from this vintage audio. This group is made up of the following.

Yamaha M2 Power Amp (two amps)
Yamaha C2X Pre Amp
Yamaha C2A Pre Amp (two pre amps)
Yamaha C2 Pre Amp
Yamaha C4 Pre Amp
Yamaha T2 FM Tuner
Yamaha CT 7000 FM Tuner
Yamaha K2000 Cassette Deck
Yamaha CDX 1050 CD Player
Yamaha YP 801BL Turntable
Yamaha YP D8 Turntable
Yamaha YP D10 Turntable
Paradigm Reference Speakers
This is a very clean looking system.

I just finished cleaning up and relamping these two in the pic. I've had the CR-2040 sitting around for a few years waiting for my ambition to catch up to the growing pile of stuff that needs some attention. I picked up the CR-640 a year or two ago at a GW for next to nothing. But when I thought of "my Yamaha stuff," I almost forgot the other pieces that have accidentally amounted to quite a pile (although I'd keep the silver stuff--and maybe the S2300--but wouldn't much miss the rest).

CR-2040
CR-640
CR-620 (x2)
DVD-S2300
RX-V2092
HTR-5840
HTR-5835
RX-730
KX-630
CDC-50
(Plus a set of surround speakers w/ a center and a sub around here somewhere)

26247287819_e890747b55_h.jpg

Last edited:
In the rack top to bottom. DT-2 timer, C-65 preamp, CDC-775, MX-2, RX-V659, M80. Disregard the mess was doing some rewiring1080P_19700101000010_000021 - Copy.jpg

had to move things around and pulled another B-1 out of the box. The B-1s may as well be carved out of stone, that's how heavy they are. Moveing a set of NS-1000Ms or a B-2 after, feels like feather-weight.....But, the B-1/C-1 sure look good in pairs so I had to stop for a photoshoot :biggrin:
did not have time to clean them so they are full of fingerprints
IMG_20171120_215915346.jpg
IMG_20171120_215840514.jpg

had to move things around and pulled another B-1 out of the box. The B-1s may as well be carved out of stone, that's how heavy they are. Moveing a set of NS-1000Ms or a B-2 after, feels like feather-weight.....But, the B-1/C-1 sure look good in pairs so I had to stop for a photoshoot :biggrin:
did not have time to clean them so they are full of fingerprints
View attachment 1050235
View attachment 1050236
Awesome collection rottalpha :bigok:

Such beauties nonetheless.

Thanks! They sure are beauties.
With the exception of that silver B-1, all units are in excellent cosmetic condition and were all virgin as far as I could tell. That B-2 as well. Perfect candidates for rehab.
The other C-1 I am working on is also just as nice. I got them all clean at some point and they looked even better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom