Saw one of these the other day.

Always liked the looks of those Studes....my friend Artie had a Commander with a 371 Olds Rocket engine and Hydromatic trans, and his brother had a Lark (1960, IIRC) ragtop, with the 289 V8 and 4-speed stick....they were cool cars back in the mid-60s.

Ford built a bullet nosed model like that as well. Both cool looking, but I think the Studebaker looks cooler. I did see one a few years ago with lights installed in the ring around the bullet nose. Take the bumpers off of these and the Ford and they look so much better.

My grandmother had a '50 Ford like that. Business coupe - didn't have a back seat.
Ive seen some of those old business coupes. Ford, Chevy, ect. I knew an older guy that restored 1920's to early 50's cars. He had a thing for business cars. Large trunks, some without rear seats to haul all those sales sample cases. One had a fold down bar and type writer built in the back.

Cool lines.
The cyclops headlight is certainly a relic of the past.

Not a headlight, just a chromed piece of metal. My dad sold coin machines, and there was a fighter-pilot kind of arcade game in the '50s that used that actual piece in the design. Wish I could remember the name.:idea:

Cheers,
Larry B.

The Tucker was the only one with a functional light in the middle, IIRC.

A_Look_Back_at_Tucker_The_Man_and_his_Dream_image_02.jpg.aspx

Back
Top Bottom