Pioneer CT-3 and SX-4

DT424

Picked up a CT-3 single cassette deck, and a SX-4 Reciever at a neighborhood estate auction. They both look very clean and are in working condition. Must be somewhat rare since I only saw one sx-4 on eBay and it was in poor condition, and no ct-3’s were for sale.

Last edited:
Those pieces were produced by Pioneer, shortly after their acquisition of Phase Linear. They produced their Champagne line to match the appearance of their Phase Linear Series II gear. The finishes were a bit fragile and easy to mar. The cassette decks with auto-reverse were problematic, because of the rotating rec/play head package. Corners were cut in the production, to reduce costs, due to the increase of shipping costs of the day. Sound quality was good, and features were nice.

Units from the Champagne series are rare, because they did not sell well. Both this series and the acquired Phase Linear Series II went out of production fairly quickly. The buying public tends to be fickle, and everyone was turning to black gear at the time.

3s and 4s were rather low in the product line pecking order, with 9s being top of the line.

Welcome to AK.

Enjoy,
Rich

Thanks for the info. Don’t think I’m going to keep them just figured I could make a bit of cash from them. Gotta come up with a estimated value then see if theirs any interest out there.
Be careful. you need to seek such information in an AK subforum, called "Dollars and Sense" not in the general forums

Enjoy,
Rich P

No offense, but I hated when Pioneer came out with this series.They replaced the beautiful Fluoroscan line with this ugly stuff. I'm surprised it didn't put them out of business. I never knew it was supposed to match Phase Linear stuff.

Back
Top Bottom