sansui 8000 blowing lights

maclvrbr

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
recently acquired and it needed all 4 dial- meter lights. Looked great after a week 1 went out. I replaced that one a week later 3 of them went out. Any ideas? 6volt 250 ma.

Last edited:
My mistake I rechecked my stash and they are 8v 300ma I used to replace with. I checked the SM and it suggest the original was 8v, ideas and thanks

Is this a G-8000? If so, the lamp voltage feed should be 7.5v AC, 9.5V AC is a bit troubling. Where are you located? Is the input voltage selector set correctly? Do you have unusually high line voltage in your house?

Please post the serial number for the database. Click on the link in my signature block.

- Pete

What Pete said.

If all that is fine, you may have to go to 12 volt lamps, if you can find some.

Rob

NO, don't just go to higher voltage lamps! If that transformer output is high, it's likely all of them are high. If my first suggestions don't turn anything up, you need to check all the transformer output. The dial lamp bulbs may be the canary in the coal mine.

- Pete

The input selector is correct. at 120v and does have the option for 220v. I do not have an unusually high voltage in my area. Central alabama. Ideas? thanks

You need to check the voltage of all of the transformer taps. Measure the AC voltage at all of the fuses on the power supply board F-2807. You need to determine if just the lamp supply is high or are other transformer output voltages high. This is a G-8000 right?

- Pete

It is a G801 I thought it was the same receiver. It does have a multi voltage selector and confirmed it to be in 120v. Will do on the voltage check

The dial lamp power comes directly from a secondary winding of the transformer. If the input voltage is correct, there is not much you can do.

Follow Pete's advise though.

Rob

I checked the fuse voltage as before ACV is 9.5 at F-03, F-02 and F-01 are 55.5 ACV. That voltage is taken with only 1 of the 4 lamps working at this time the other 3 were blown.

Oops, all this talk of fuses somehow I incorrectly thought they were fuse bulbs.
You could always put in a simple voltage regulator or voltage divider to drop the bulb voltage.

Back
Top Bottom