It’s official- New MC1.25KW

How about offering a fair price and not trying to "stick it to the sales guy" ? He needs to stay in business for you and the guy after you (etc) so that he'll be around a while.

jblnut

Hey guys! I've been jammin on my McIntosh systems lately and just heard about the new MC1.25KW mono and had to drop in. I want to get one and want the low-down on how to snag one. I know the guy at a local shop here -- what do you guys think I should offer him? I am a pro negotiator (it's how I made my millions) and I really want to stick it to the sales guy pretty good. I'm like DJT with the deals. What is a good starting point? I'll do the rest.
Post of the year Mr. Cuban!

I think they wanted to get away from the black box look with this new model.Also1200 watts is A conservative rating.1. 25K meters are not necessarily.They look awesome to me and I have not listened to them yet.But am looking forward to it.

Hi jimimac,

I love the new look and updates. Please take extra care :) making my pair. I am dying to get them and can’t wait. Fingers crossed Christmas will come early.

I think they wanted to get away from the black box look with this new model.Also1200 watts is A conservative rating.1. 25K meters are not necessarily.They look awesome to me and I have not listened to them yet.But am looking forward to it.

There's an ease and flow to these amps that other amps do not exhibit.
A lot of people I know do not like the MC1.2KW amps, I do. I'm looking forward to the new MC1.25KW amps. Thank you McIntosh. So whether it's a new design or not, it is what it is.
I bought my MC303 precisely because I prefer it to other McIntosh amps, right or wrong, that's what I like.
Don't the MC1.2KW amps have larger autoformers? I agree with your assessment of the sound. I believe the MC303 is voiced like the newest Mcintosh designs. The older MC1.2KW didn't use thermaltrak transistors, at least I don't see that in the manual. The new amp, the MC1.25KW will use Thermaltrak. As you say the older MC1.2KW has an "ease and flow." If that is combined with the newer clarity and dynamics that came with the Thermaltrak designs, it's going to be a special amplifier. This amplifier should sound as different from the 1.2KW as the MC601s sound from the MC501s. It's a huge design change, again imo.

The bass improvement should prove interesting by the bigger filter capacity. Anyone now how much bigger the caps are? The extra 0.1 dB headroom you might not hear except with hard to drive speakers, but sounds good on paper.

Interesting having glass topped autoformers.

I love my MC303, do I keep it or sell it once the MC1.25KWs arrive? It probably wouldn’t see much action with the new amps in place. :( I’d hate to sell it knowing it would be near impossible to replace.

Last edited:
I love my MC303, do I keep it or sell it once the MC1.25KWs arrive? It probably wouldn’t see much action with the new amps in place. :( I’d hate to sell it knowing it would be near impossible to replace.
Are all your speaker systems in the same room? If not can always displace other amps or leave it on set where synergy is best.

Last edited:
Excess gear is stored off to the right in the L part of the room. Might be time to setup some gear in another room and keep it running.

The power transformers are rated at 1,400 watts. I hate lifting them .I am not 18 anymore. Sure 40 years ago I did it all day long and it was Fun...

You’re asking US this question... I currently have three McIntosh amplifiers collecting dust ...

Back
Top Bottom