Luxman, Marantz, or McIntosh?

Hooked up the Anthem, ran ARC using calibrated mic and iPhone, all I can say is “bye bye NAD”. Everything sounds tighter, cleaner, and that’s streaming Apple Music. Tested the mm phono stage with my copy of Famous Blue Raincoat and I’m hearing details that I haven’t heard before. Thought I had done a pretty good job integrating the REL with the LS50’s, but after running ARC it’s completely invisible. This one’s a keeper!

Last edited:
“By default, analog inputs are converted to 24-bit / 192 kHz using a high-quality A/D converter to allow Anthem Room Correction,
bass management, distance calibration, bass/treble controls, listening modes, and rumble filter. If this setting is changed to No,
signal processing is bypassed and only level adjustment remains.“:eek:

Hooked up the Anthem, ran ARC using calibrated mic and iPhone, all I can say is “bye bye NAD”. Everything sounds tighter, cleaner, and that’s streaming Apple Music. Tested the mm phono stage with my copy of Famous Blue Raincoat and I’m hearing details that I haven’t heard before. Thought I had done a pretty good job integrating the REL with the LS50’s, but after running ARC it’s completely invisible. This one’s a keeper!
Are you still digging it? There are STR separates for sale locally but I'm not familiar with Anthem.

I have a soft spot in my heart for McIntosh. It is beyond my wallet, but I have loved a Mac since the 60’s

Back
Top Bottom