clinic decal

I would guess yes. If I were you, I would use a heat gun, or blowdryer, to see if you can soften the adhesive.

Dead thread, I know, but I recently brought my C20 down from my old house to clean it up a bit and check it out. It has Dave's initials from a clinic at Hifi Showroom in St. Louis back in 1972. I've owned the C20 since around 1969 and I took it and my new Crown D150 amp to the Clinic where I'd purchased the Crown. This was the C20's second trip over several years but this time Dave was a bit perplexed and asked if I could leave it over night so he could try to get it back to spec. How can you say no to that. The next day, Dave proudly handed me the test sheets and a pile of electronic parts he'd replaced, and admonishing me that the crosstalk through the old military-grade Bakelight circuit board could not be resolved and just to turn off all but the source I wanted to listen to. No problem. This was before CD so what else was there to listen to, anyway?

So here is a photo taken today of the Performance Certification sticker with Dave's initials. I've owned this, my only McIntosh product—ever, for over 50-years. Still hanging on with the repairs Dave had to do over 50-years ago to a then barely ten-year-old C20.

53456510908_1d6a55a718_k.jpg

Last edited:
Lucky to have clinic decals in my opinion. Down here in Louisiana I rarely see them.
I think the closest a clinic happened was in Texas but it's not like you northeast guys where just a short drive would get you and your gear to the clinic. These clinics were gone before I owned any McIntosh gear so I could be wrong about all the locations that they were held. Maybe they did some New Orleans visits, but I doubt it.
Let me know if I am wrong. Maybe with the humidity, they just fall off.:rflmao:

Back
Top Bottom