pioneer sx 1010 problems

i dont have the cover off but if i lightly move the switch it cleans up. before i do that i move the balance and it seems to allways be the right channel. could the relay cause that issue???? if so what do you recomend for the repair? you are talking about the big clear covered relay that goes thru the main support in the center of the unit right?:scratch2:wait a minute, come to think of it i was on channel a last week and the problem started so i switched to b. now today it started the same thing. left is allways ok.

Last edited:
right up your alley, if it is the relay (sounds likely - do the tapping EchoWars suggests) :

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150439&highlight=sx-1010

as a bonus I discovered that this relay

omron ly2f-dc24 mouser part number 653-ly2f-dc24

can snap directly INTO the old case, thus no fooling around with standoffs..

I HAVE DONE IT, on several different models already. Not theory, practice...

Hey y'all, haven't been here for a while. Opened baby up to clean due to a pop and crackle on left speaker with no, or low volume only. Cleaned switches, changed protection relay. Gonna install new output transistors, and install replacement speaker switches. Can someone point me in the right direction for setting my dc offset?

Check the amp settings and power supply voltages first before getting crazy. I like keeping the original outputs if I can.

I'm setting the bias and offset on my unit, what is the correct mv? Book calls for 50 but I see some people post 25

Hey y'all, I recently acquired my dad's matching cs-99a speakers and the pl-a45d turntable. My issue is the 15" original woofers are gone, can someone point me in the right direction for the original replacement or equivalent? Oh and I mean they are gone, there is a radio shack speaker in one box, and an old pyle that needs refoamed in the other

Hey y'all, I recently acquired my dad's matching cs-99a speakers and the pl-a45d turntable. My issue is the 15" original woofers are gone, can someone point me in the right direction for the original replacement or equivalent? Oh and I mean they are gone, there is a radio shack speaker in one box, and an old pyle that needs refoamed in the other
I suggest you start a new thread in the speaker forum.

Back
Top Bottom