Ear Maintenance & Cleaning?

Picked this up last night. Hopefully it will work.

18vrycf66bhunjpg.jpg

I just use the home kit from the drugstore. It's essentially a bulb for warm water rinse with some drops that are comprised of something like peroxide and oil.

Insurance....hahaha good one. My insurance costs $12,000 a year with a $10k annual deductible. I'm self employed. The Doctor is for last resort emergencies only. Any type of "maintenance" is done at home in this house if at all possible.

I heard some docs use the exact same device and drops I posted.
Ear flush can often be performed at walk-in clinics for very reasonable rates. Look in to it before you start sticking things in your ears that may damage them.

Do you ever "deep clean" your ears? I have some clogging in my left ear due to a damaged Eustachian tube that doesn't drain that well. My son has some clogging too.

How often do you really clean your ears? Do you use drops? Flush them out with warm water?

I'm thinking about trying one of these. https://www.amazon.com/Tools-Curette-Electric-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B07649SVPW

And using these ear drops. https://www.amazon.com/Debrox-Drops-Earwax-Removal-drops/dp/B00ANL4Z4I/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1510622600&sr=8-5&keywords=ear+drops&th=1
I use a syringe and warm water. I can't remember the last time I used ear drops.

I've used the drugstore kit with limited results...sometimes takes several uses over several days to get relief.
Remembering Doctor visits in the past consisting of the pressure flushing, I looked for a DIY solution. It came to me in a flash one day while flossing my teeth. Waterpik. Believe me it works fantastically. Mine has adjustable pressure, so keep it low as possible so as not to damage the eardrum. Do at your own risk and use caution, but you will be amazed. Use warm water, takes about 1 minute, you're done. Thank me later.

51wNxITrIWL.jpg

Works for me ... a couple times a day till the ears flush clean. Only complaint I'd have is the limited shelf life - if it din't fizz when you put it in ... it's dead, Jim ...

When I have a cold (like NOW!), I still use Q-Tips. Dipped in hydrogen peroxide.
I have also used these hippy ear candles, that you get your sweetie to hold in your ear as you lie on each side. The soft, gentle vacuum created by the combustion of the lit wick, gently sucks out your ear wax. It's fun to look at what you get, too! :crazy:

Sherwood Monoject 412 irrigation syringe and warm water.
Have two that have lasted 30 plus years.

Eardrops as kits direct over a few days. As it softens, wax often blocks canal for muffled hearing. Until wax soft enough for warm water syring to flush out.

I use the debrox kit mentioned and pictured above. But a regular warm bath also does the trick. I'm visiting my parents in Florida this weekend and looking forward to soaking in the hot tub -- clears out the wax very well.

I had mine flushed at the Doctors while seeing him for vertigo. I was sure he was trying to flush it out the other side, (ear).

Back
Top Bottom