moderators, I have a question about my "likes I've received"

ferninando

Lunatic Member
Once I have read the ''likes I've received", I usually have no need to keep them.
I there a way to delete them once I have read them?
Or are they stored in AK forever.
If it is not allowed thats OK.
Just let me know.
thanks.

It's a running list like the
threads started
comments made

Threads and comments you can delete at the page you made them but not in your running list, but they will be removed if you do it that way.

The likes received, are not any action you did so you can't remove them, so your running list will remain as AK history. your history.

If I wasn't liked here, I wouldn't be liked anywhere! :D

Real answer, though--likes are permanent in the database. ;)

FYI: Likes *can* be changed in a user's profile but that's not a rabbit hole I would ever fall into! Users / Edit User / Profile Info is where to find it.

Ever see one of those members who lives by the motto, "Like all the things"? ;) I haven't seen anyone ever like all posts they read, but (on other forums) I have seen likes from certain members on just about every post in the threads they have taken part in. Personally I wanted to add a "dislike" option to one of the larger forums, but nobody else thought it was a good idea...

Reactions: DC
Ignore is my answer to dislike.
So far only one person has attained that status.
I even unignored them but I've since reignored them.
I don't even think they're a bad person. Just something about the way I take their written word bothers me
I sometimes think if I were looking at and listening to them in person, their facial expression or tone might change my whole perspective.
Like is a pleasant harmless commentary.
Dislike opens up an avenue for offense and defensiveness and aggression.
I think it's probably better without it

Dislike opens up an avenue for offense and defensiveness and aggression.
I think it's probably better without it
That is why I passed on installing it, especially if it revealed who disliked a post. And think of the potential for one member to stalk another all around a forum, disliking all of their posts out of spite.

Ignore works great. It hides posts by the member, it hides threads started by the member, and it also hides the quoted text of that member in other posts on the forum. That is why replies sometimes do not make sense--a person is replying to a quote made by the ignored member.

The Internet needs more kittens. :D

I think the "like" button cuts down on the posts that basically agree with a posting - instead of posting "good point" the "like" button gets pushed.
I am pretty sure that was the intention all along. Yet some still feel they have to get in their two cents worth and post a "+1" or "agree" or something anyways. ;) It also lets someone know you've read their post, especially if they are replying directly to you. I don't consider it a "trophy" to accumulate likes, though. I think the sentiment is helpful, but I don't need to keep track of it. But, it's tucked away out of immediate view, so it is easily ignored. :)

Being able to use the option to simply agree or express sympathy with a post is a convenient courtesy, and avoids loading up the forum with redundant affirmation postings.
Likewise, having folks agree or sympathise with one's postings is appreciated, but should not necessarily be the point of making a post.

Back
Top Bottom