Electric-powered bicycle....

Must have shot that video here in California. Ran all the stop signs, rode on the wrong side of the road, crossed a double yellow line...........

At what point do the tires expand let loose? I've always been under the impression that 35MPH+ on bike tires you are treading on thin ice.

Saw this little gem in a high end dept. store when I was on vacation last week... checked my pockets and didn't have the 12K euro asking price on me, so I had to walk away.

Don't think it'll match the OP's bike for performance but you'd be the coolest kid on the block:

file-8.jpeg

John

I cycle a fair bit. I average about 100-120 miles per week and ride one of those skinny tired road bikes (yes, I wear the spandex and all that). For 49, I can keep a pretty good pace and regularly ride with guys 10 years younger than I am.

However, one day, I was riding up a hill and got passed by some guy much older than I am, wearing jeans and on what appeared to be a hybrid. In my mind I thought "what in the actual f**k!". I couldn't figure out what the bike was as I was huffing and puffing to go from 12mph to 13mph in hopes of keeping up, but couldn't.

Then, a month or so later, the same guy passed me again and I got a look at the bike. It turned out it was a Specialized electric bike. I was pretty impressed.

As far as tires, I hit 35mph on pretty much every ride I go on and have hit 55mph as my max. The tires and wheels on modern (good) bikes are amazing pieces of engineering.

When non-bike-savvy people inquired about "them skinny little tires" (tubulars) on my bike, they were always amazed when I informed them that those tires were glued on (!) to the rim, and would safely run at 115 psi.... :)

Cool for some people, but not for me.

On the video I kept waiting for someone to back out of their driveway and launch the rider. I must be too old to appreciate the skills or dumbassery. Which ever it is.

It is a cool bike though.

There are all kinds of e-bikes in California now. I was thinking about getting one, then I thought a motorcycle would be more fun. The retro looking ones to really cool.

We have a 20mph speed limit for on the road. I think there is no limit for off road.

There are all kinds of e-bikes in California now. I was thinking about getting one, then I thought a motorcycle would be more fun. The retro looking ones to really cool..
And if you`re so inclined, a low-caffiene alternative is a scooter....Honda makes some nice ones, and there`s always the vintage\retro jobs, Vespa, Lambretta, etc.

And if you`re so inclined, a low-caffiene alternative is a scooter....Honda makes some nice ones, and there`s always the vintage\retro jobs, Vespa, Lambretta, etc.

I really like the styling of vintage Vespas and Lambrettas. I think Vespa is making an electric one. It would be nice to be green. I'll probably get one when I retire and putt around Maui. :)

Back
Top Bottom