Anyone using the D1100 as their only preamp?

I have at a few shows and it sounds fantastic. Usually combined with MP1100 and MT5 or MT10, MEN220, Win computer, a couple of big amps, and MCT450. Have also used it as a DAC slaved to C1100 and this works great too.

Thanks,
Ron-C

I do find it interesting you use the MEN220 constantly in your setups, I do know your rooms are all different so it must help a lot.

I'm wondering how practical it would be in ones home where the room doesn't change.
Even so I do swap out speakers and or switch speakers to different amps.

As a pre.....I've tried it with my MDA 1K and with my DAC in my C47 but I couldn't get it to work with my LED TV via optical cable....I need a analog (rca) connection to
make it happen. I was getting a dump,dump dump noise thru my speakers. If anyone has any ideas on connecting a TV to a MDA or possibly a D1100...I'm open?

I would also be interested in acquiring a D1100 to upgrade my MDA if that would be my only option. :)

As a pre.....I've tried it with my MDA 1K and with my DAC in my C47 but I couldn't get it to work with my LED TV via optical cable....I need a analog (rca) connection to
make it happen. I was getting a dump,dump dump noise thru my speakers. If anyone has any ideas on connecting a TV to a MDA or possibly a D1100...I'm open?

I would also be interested in acquiring a D1100 to upgrade my MDA if that would be my only option. :)
I had a similar issue with a C2500. The key is to make sure the TV is sending a PCM signal to the DAC.

I do find it interesting you use the MEN220 constantly in your setups, I do know your rooms are all different so it must help a lot.

I'm wondering how practical it would be in ones home where the room doesn't change.
Even so I do swap out speakers and or switch speakers to different amps.
Well I have a MEN220, wouldn't be without it. Of course the room doesn't change, so all that means is its only set up once.
Not sure I understand what you mean by "how practical it would be in ones home where the room doesn't change."
If I was doing what RonC does, I would use one too.
They do more than just room perfect.......

I had a similar issue with a C2500. The key is to make sure the TV is sending a PCM signal to the DAC.

As JMezz indicated I run TV into my C47 optical with the TV set to send stereo PCM. Make sure to use the second optical input instead of the first if also using USB as the C47 has a flaw with the USB input sound still coming through when choosing the first optical input.

Last edited:
Well I have a MEN220, wouldn't be without it. Of course the room doesn't change, so all that means is its only set up once.
Not sure I understand what you mean by "how practical it would be in ones home where the room doesn't change."
If I was doing what RonC does, I would use one too.
They do more than just room perfect.......
If he is swapping speakers and amps the Room Perfect woul need to be rerun each time. The latest Lyngdorf integrated allows two separate RoomPerfect speaker calibrations. I don’t think MEN220 allows that. But recalibration goes quickly after you get the hang of it.

Back
Top Bottom