What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

thndrbll.jpg~original
thndrbll%202.jpg~original

John Barry / Thunderball (movie soundtrack)
1965 United Artists

I've only listened to that album about 200 times as a kid..:beerchug:

Who's Nanci Griffith? Lyle Lovett and Bela Fleck on one of her albums. Will soon find out. $.49 each all of her's in poly outer sleeves.
Rodger Whittaker,Jesse Winchester,The McCarters and a Jose Melis. 1 good album so far(the Foster and Lloyd). If the rest aren't to my liking I'm fine with that.About $3.50 for the whole bunch.
IMG_0001 (8).JPG

Evening, all.

I see I'm several pages behind, The thread seems to be gathering pace. Just picked up around 50 new-to-me CDs. Haven't been through them yet, but there are some standout gems that jump out at me right away.

Verdi - Rigoletto - Philips
Rossini - La Cenerentola - Deutsche Grammophon
Verdi - Nabucco - DG
Verdi - Aida - DG
Verdi & Puccini - Placido Domingo - DG
Verdi - Nabucco Highlights - Placido Domingo - DG
José Carreras - Vienna Boys Choir - Philips
Carnegie Hall Christmas Concert - Kathleen Battle - Wynton Marsalis - Sony

and a pile of others.

Cool, Nice cabinets caught my attention. Nice size, Must sound good.

I’m pretty intrigued with these so far. The cabinets and drivers are in beautiful shape. They are smaller floor standing front ported 2 ways with a very detailed and precise monitor sound to them. Around 89 dB sensitivity, biampable, polypropylene drivers and rated for 120 watts. The soundstage, clarity and level of detail is pretty astounding. I am hearing things like the resonance of the drum kit, attack and decay like I haven’t in a long time (sorry if my vocabulary is off). Drums actually sound like drums do live, and vocals are seriously rich and nuanced. The guitar tones are full and dynamic... anyways, I am seriously digging them and am looking forward to biamping them with my Luxman and getting an EQ on them to dial them in even further.

I know the drummer that played on this Stephanie Mills track... Kicked the ^%$# out of it too. I saw her do it live on late-night without him, and the live guy just played it as boring as all get-out:

Why couldn't his parents have named him Randey/Randy, like every other guy with those letters in his name??

Just Finished: Various Artists, "Atlantic Jazz: Mainstream"

I found out that there are a few more CD's in this series that I don't have, so now I have to be on the lookout for "Atlantic Jazz: BeBop" and "Atlantic Jazz: Fusion," plus "Piano," "Post Bop," and "New Orleans!!"

Still at work, struggling with a stupid new computer program with a very _un_-intuitive interface. I'm tired and cranky and need some music on vinyl. Heading home and will check-in with y'all in a few hours when I am in-place for some kicking back before the new "donut-making day" begins!

GJ

Safe drive home :thumbsup:

Flea market finds:

Cruisin by Duke and the Drivers. Good regional band from Boston in the mid seventies. Had a minor hit with "What You Got". They used to play the larger clubs like Toads Place in New Haven.

Special Forces by 38 Special. Good lp...great sonics. Mastered by Robert Ludwig. "So Caught Up In You" the big hit.

I’m pretty intrigued with these so far. The cabinets and drivers are in beautiful shape. They are smaller floor standing front ported 2 ways with a very detailed and precise monitor sound to them. Around 89 dB sensitivity, biampable, polypropylene drivers and rated for 120 watts. The soundstage, clarity and level of detail is pretty astounding. I am hearing things like the resonance of the drum kit, attack and decay like I haven’t in a long time (sorry if my vocabulary is off). Drums actually sound like drums do live, and vocals are seriously rich and nuanced. The guitar tones are full and dynamic... anyways, I am seriously digging them and am looking forward to biamping them with my Luxman and getting an EQ on them to dial them in even further.

Good looking stats. Nice match for your music taste. I've listened to Mission speakers at an audio show. Very good mid range, I liked them.

The Best recording of a standard 4 piece drum kit I have ever heard is on Wynton Marsalis's Black Codes. Its captured exactly as a set sounds like...And Fuzz the other good news is that it's still cheap on vinyl and one of Penguin Jazz reviews core collection of the best jazz albums of all time..360 or so albums

Evening, all.

I see I'm several pages behind, The thread seems to be gathering pace. Just picked up around 50 new-to-me CDs. Haven't been through them yet, but there are some standout gems that jump out at me right away.

Verdi - Rigoletto - Philips
Rossini - La Cenerentola - Deutsche Grammophon
Verdi - Nabucco - DG
Verdi - Aida - DG
Verdi & Puccini - Placido Domingo - DG
Verdi - Nabucco Highlights - Placido Domingo - DG
José Carreras - Vienna Boys Choir - Philips
Carnegie Hall Christmas Concert - Kathleen Battle - Wynton Marsalis - Sony

and a pile of others.

Very nice, Have you built that new CD storage room yet?? LOL

Who's Nanci Griffith? Lyle Lovett and Bela Fleck on one of her albums. Will soon find out. $.49 each all of her's in poly outer sleeves.
Rodger Whittaker,Jesse Winchester,The McCarters and a Jose Melis. 1 good album so far(the Foster and Lloyd). If the rest aren't to my liking I'm fine with that.About $3.50 for the whole bunch.
View attachment 1046004

Sweet! Can't beat the that price.

Back
Top Bottom