What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

To follow up on that you can actually hear the attack of the stick on the skin and the full decay of the toms..View attachment 1046023

Cool beans, will fire that up next. Started this one before i checked the thread and its sounding to sweet to axe it now...

1200x630bb.jpg

Well Nanci Griffith is country. Sounds similar to Emmylou. Discogs says she released 28 albums. This is how I found her album at Goodwill. Somebody liked her. I'm liking what I hear too.
IMG_0001 (9).JPG
Crazy. If all the albums at Goodwill were like this I'd be there everyday! 3 more to go.

Never had that album when I was a kid. Must of bought it a few years ago. This hobby is so great, listening to albums for the first time that were released so many years ago! :music:
As I recall a track called "moving the body" was pretty spooky , and alot of local newscasts used a variant of the scuba fight scene music for newcast show opening music for years..

I know the drummer that played on this Stephanie Mills track... Kicked the ^%$# out of it too. I saw her do it live on late-night without him, and the live guy just played it as boring as all get-out:

Why couldn't his parents have named him Randey/Randy, like every other guy with those letters in his name??

Just Finished: Various Artists, "Atlantic Jazz: Mainstream"

I found out that there are a few more CD's in this series that I don't have, so now I have to be on the lookout for "Atlantic Jazz: BeBop" and "Atlantic Jazz: Fusion," plus "Piano," "Post Bop," and "New Orleans!!"

Still at work, struggling with a stupid new computer program with a very _un_-intuitive interface. I'm tired and cranky and need some music on vinyl. Heading home and will check-in with y'all in a few hours when I am in-place for some kicking back before the new "donut-making day" begins!

GJ

PS-- ^^^^Bozzio killed that thing!!! (in a good way)...

Word! Dale And Terry. 80's electro rock at its best

Who's Nanci Griffith? Lyle Lovett and Bela Fleck on one of her albums. Will soon find out. $.49 each all of her's in poly outer sleeves.
Rodger Whittaker,Jesse Winchester,The McCarters and a Jose Melis. 1 good album so far(the Foster and Lloyd). If the rest aren't to my liking I'm fine with that.About $3.50 for the whole bunch.
View attachment 1046004

She's the Nanci in the Toad the Wet Sprocket song called "Nanci" on Dulcinea...the song is about her and Lorreta Lynn...

I go off to the library and a quick stop at Goodwill and there 3 or 4 new pages. Will catch up,maybe.
Anyway on the way back from the library I swung by Goodwill. It's senior discount day! 25% off. Somebody donated a bunch of country:). Now playing Foster And LloydView attachment 1045996
still got it's Amoeba price tag and so clean I just gave it a quick brushing. OK when was the last time you saw albums with plastic sleeves on the album covers. Me...never. More to come:thumbsup:

If you like 'Texas' country music, Radney Foster is hard to beat -has some great albums out there... His work in Foster & Lloyd is also excellent - a bit less 'country'...

Last edited:
Since my closest Goodwill lowered their prices on vinyl and cds to $.49 I go a couple times a week. Every once in a while you find a gem:)

Our GW stores have albums priced at .99, I also go every week. Not long ago, a guy had a HUGE stack of albums he found as I was walking towards the record bin! If I was about 45 minutes earlier, those would have been mine! :p I don't know what kind of music genre they were because he was just leaving as I was approaching.

Back
Top Bottom