What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

smkyrbnsnmrclslv.jpg~original
smkyrbnsnmrclslv001_cr.jpg~original

Smokey Robinson & The Miracles / "Live"
1968 Tamla

Catching up on the thread,...this has probably been mentioned but....

Nice 1229 @FOH Engineer !
Thanks my friend :beerchug: Looking for a new/or old cartridge I'll love on it. I use to have an Audio Technical AT13ea many years ago that I loved as well as a Micro Acoustics 282 e... I have a Grado Prestiege Series with about two hours on it that I'd love to trade for something more Dual-ish if you know what I mean.
Currently running a mid price Shure

There was a member of AK who, a while back, had discovered that rock music was not all that there was to be had, and was asking for classical suggestions. I know he found some great selections, and I watched with some interest as his enthusiasm grew. I seem to remember supplying a couple of ideas. I've no idea whether he is still active, but if he is, I hope he sees this post. Next up is Deutsche Grammophon 435 415-2 Verdi - Nabucco highlights, with Plácido Domingo. My urge is to head straight for Va Pensiero, but I'm going to listen to the entire disk. Va pensiero is one of those pieces that I use to check out a music system and/or recording. It either brings tears to my eyes, or it leaves me cold. I suspect that anything involving Plácido Domingo will be in the former group.

Today's haul contained a phenomenal amount of Verdi recordings, easily doubling my collection of the composer's output.

There was a member of AK who, a while back, had discovered that rock music was not all that there was to be had, and was asking for classical suggestions. I know he found some great selections, and I watched with some interest as his enthusiasm grew. I seem to remember supplying a couple of ideas. I've no idea whether he is still active, but if he is, I hope he sees this post. Next up is Deutsche Grammophon 435 415-2 Verdi - Nabucco highlights, with Plácido Domingo. My urge is to head straight for Va Pensiero, but I'm going to listen to the entire disk. Va pensiero is one of those pieces that I use to check out a music system and/or recording. It either brings tears to my eyes, or it leaves me cold. I suspect that anything involving Plácido Domingo will be in the former group.

Today's haul contained a phenomenal amount of Verdi recordings, easily doubling my collection of the composer's output.

Think that was Judas Priest, A metal thread regular. I have purchased a couple of your listen's. Really amazed what was done hundreds of years ago.

Think that was Judas Priest, A metal thread regular. I have purchased a couple of you listen's. Really amazed what was done hundreds of years ago.

That was him. Remember the name now. Good to hear that my posts are inspiring to some extent. I've had similar experiences as a result of reading the thread; Porcupine Tree, Phil Keaggy, Robin Trower and more.

That was him. Remember the name now. Good to hear that my posts are inspiring to some extent. I've had similar experiences as a result of reading the thread; Porcupine Tree, Phil Keaggy, Robin Trower and more.

Nice! Yes, Everyone on this thread inspires me to try something new. I mean, I'm into Jazz, Classical, Classic funk and R and B. Not the case a year ago.

Think that was Judas Priest, A metal thread regular. I have purchased a couple of your listen's. Really amazed what was done hundreds of years ago.
Actually, I think that was Ray, aka MX5 Seeker. I recall a lot of conversation about Franz Liszt back round the end of Spring/early Summer. I've never seen Judas Priest post on this thread...but I could be wrong..

Last edited:
I'm joining Mac Ted and playing from the ELP Fanfare 1970 - 1997 box set.
The remaster is stunning. The music never gets old...it just finished. Think I'll play it again.

Emerson, Lake & Palmer ~ Brain Salad Surgery
Remastered in 2014 by Andy Pearce and Matt Wortham
2017 BMGCAT117CD

001.jpg

049.jpg

001.jpg

11_2.jpg

008.jpg
Andy Pearce at Abby Road got it going on. Master of the 1/2 speed Remaster.

Actually, I think that was Ray, aka MX5 Seeker. I recall a lot of conversation about Franz Liszt back round the end of Spring/early Summer. I've never seen Judas Priest post on this thread...but I could be wrong..

Think he started a classical discovery thread, And has brought it up here and there. Don't remember him either. Just seen his posts here and there.

Back
Top Bottom