Your Musical Discoveries

KevinJS

Lunatic Member
Not particularly interested in age of recording here, but obscurity is what I'm looking for.

Who have you discovered who has superlative musical talent, but is relatively unknown?

I'll start the ball rolling with a young lady who I recently became aware of for the first time on the equivalent of Romania's Got Talent.

If the blurb is to believed, Elena Hasna doesn't speak a word of French, but the French-speaking audience loved her rendition of this French classic.

Surprising this thread hasn't developed more yet. I posted about these folks earlier in the summer, love them- here's another taste.

Plenty of other cool stuff on the same record label, too.

Surprising this thread hasn't developed more yet. I posted about these folks earlier in the summer, love them- here's another taste.

Plenty of other cool stuff on the same record label, too.

Thanks for that contribution, @wyceeric. I'll be sure to check that one out. The thread may take off in time. Only time will tell.

I'll add another of my favourites, who I've been following since he was very young and known only to a YouTube audience. He is better known now, but still to quite a small audience.

The Korean guitarist, Sungha Jung, has been playing almost since he was able to pick up a guitar and has become something of a virtuoso player.

Here he is, playing Extreme's More Than Words

This one ended up winning and got a record contract, but their now doing her like they did with Joss Stone.

LOUISA JOHNSON

And now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom