smmy%20dvs%20jr%20cnt%20bs.jpg~original
smmy%20dvs%20jr%20cnt%20bs%202.jpg~original

Sammy Davis Jr. & Count Basie / Our Shinning Hour
1965 Verve
1973 MGM (reissue)

Wow. where did you find this?

Although it is almost worth it just for the pic
View attachment 1045685
I always thought that would have been a much better record if the Dead wasn't just used the backup band for bad Bob.Although according to liner notes from the Garcia plays Dylan CD, Dylan and the Big Pink era of The Band &c. was a big influence on the Dead's work ( Working Man's Dead for example) and that Garcia performed many Dylan tunes in his shows, a Dead tune or two would have been a nice touch.
I know that LP gets trashed by a lot of people but DAMN I wish I would have seen that tour!

^ don't think I've seen that one, how is it? ^
My first and favorite Poco - I was circa 10 years old when I first heard it, which might influence my opinion! It's a live album (not obnoxious though), recorded in Boston and NY shortly before Messina left the band. Lots of energy, good times. SQ is pretty decent for a live album from 71-ish.

Last edited:
Telework day. Yes, I love Wednesdays.

Just auditioned M.I.A.'s Kala. I wasn't sure I'd like it much at first but the album definitely grew on me and won me over by the close of side 4. It's very different, but then, so am I.

Cuing up Beyonce's Lemonade. On deck: Solange's Seat..., Kelela's EP and her latest, Blood Orange's Freetown Sound. Who knows what'll happen after that.

Back
Top Bottom