What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Picture of NLA's newly arrived home from Goodwill. Boy was I excited!
View attachment 1046092
Looks like I was so excited I couldn't hold the camera still
Oh man I don't even know what those speakers are but look like magnificent cabs and gotta be like finding a 356 Speedster buried in a barn somewhere.
What are they? Any links? Look like awesome bookshelf/use anywhere Advent speakers..
The Grandkids were kind enough to leave the original linens on Grandpa's speakers so looks like he will be happy they are used and appreciated again!!

I will always be grateful to Goodwill. Bought my Bullnose NL Advents there for $10 each. Of course they needed refoam but not a refinish. Listen to them everyday.
No Goodwill here, but some thrifts. 4-5 years ago a pr of Pioneer CS99a's for $20, perfect condition, had to wheel them home 1/2 a mile on their cart and back, through the snow (really), and enjoyed them for a few years before moving on.
I was giggly the whole time they were around until the "next key find" came into being...
Are those the "Baby" model? Give a look under the hood when you get a chance.
I've heard and read alot about these old Advent models....

itxmjhwi6gj7.jpg

Religious Knives • Resin

77539278af0651227896d127e681f0de109f4788

Great call FOH! This sounds amazing, thanks!

Fuzz the ironic thing looking back was that I first heard this at speaker demo of small Mission bookshelf speakers at Soundscape in Baltimore..I asked the salesman what it was and he downplayed it as nothing special and was surprised that I thought it was any good.. the drums on the Missions jumped of the page..
Black Codes won two Grammies in 1985..it might be the best highly acclaimed but relatively unknown and under the radar jazz album there is...I bought it on pristine used vinyl for $2.00
It ranks right behind Sidewinder for me
4 jazz guys :beatnik::beatnik::beatnik::beatnik:

So glad you dug it..

The Coltrane was a little too intense for the time of night; had to table it after Side 1 for now. Plus, it's late and I'm over-budget again, time-wise. Have to say goodnight for now, but first, I must highly recommend this video. Regardless of how you feel about modern-day Crosleys, this is a bit of a scream. Watch it for as long as you can; there are several "pay-off" points. Enjoy:
Burn baby burn! That was awesome. Always wondered what 1500 watts fed into one of those would do.

That's helpful, Frank. The CD numbering is as follows:

CD1 - Symphonies 1 & 3
CD2 - Symphonies 2 & 6
CD3 - Symphonies 4 & 5
CD4 - Symphony 8 & Fragments D708a
CD5 - Symphonies 7 & 10
CD6 - Symphony 9 & Fragments D615
Looked it up this morning. Indeed the 10th Symphony was never finished and was only scored for piano in a sketch by Schubert. It was orchestrated in the 1970's by Brian Newbould.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony_No._10_(Schubert)

Back
Top Bottom