Speaker woofers moving out of sequence

In one room I'm having issues with:
Sony ta 1080
Pioneer sx 1080
(I know there's a theme here with the 1080...lol)

In other room not sure if it's on same circuit or not kenwood no issues and another room sansui no issues.

And you've swapped this gear between rooms?

The problem stays with the room or follows the gear?

If you've tried 2 different amps, with the same results, were both vintage amps? Strange, as the others have mentioned, I'd think you have a DC issue too. Just odd that both amps exhibit the same thing. I'm not sure I'd use the system until you find a cause. Maybe get the house wiring tested. Something might be weird on your mains?

Who do you call to get your wiring tested. Ghostbusters?

Ooops I missed that in the original post that it happened with all sources. I was reading too fast. Odd.

I used to get a slow in-out-in over a few seconds when I turned my receiver on (1980 Sherwood bought new) and I'm sure this was just a DC transient on the outputs while the power supply came up. It didn't keep going although it was impressive to look at. I started leaving the speakers off until the power supply warmed up for a few seconds.

We don't know what the Sony amp is, does it have a rumble filter? If so, turn it on and see if it helps.

It does not...! Too old and not many features.

I sure hope you tried swapping gear before ordering that. And, if it stays with the room, get an electrician to check it before some bandaid.

Yes hope it can wait and house doesn't have major issue so I can save some dough or sell some gear.

Who do you call to get your wiring tested. Ghostbusters?

If you have a haunted house, I guess you could call Ghostbusters. Otherwise, I'd be calling an electrician...! If it's not an amp issue, and it is a wiring issue, all the electrical devices in your house might be damaged from whatever is happening, and not just a stereo system.

i can't imagine that it's the house wiring. There's not much that go wrong with that, without having all sorts of issues. There's only 3 wires, the hot, neutral and ground.

Nope.

What we really want to know is there DC voltage on the amp that is currently doing this. This is where you want to start. IMO, you're wasting time and $$ calling an electrician for this issue.

The OP seems to say gear in other rooms is not affected. It would be really helpful if there was clear answer to the question about swapping gear in post 23, 27, and 30.

What we really want to know is there DC voltage on the amp that is currently doing this. This is where you want to start. IMO, you're wasting time and $$ calling an electrician for this issue.

When the OP mentions old wiring with a new panel, it just made me curious if everything was rewired correctly? I was in a house once, where if you touched the stove and refrigerator at the same time, it would almost electrocute you! Not fun.

When the OP mentions old wiring with a new panel, it just made me curious if everything was rewired correctly? I was in a house once, where if you touched the stove and refrigerator at the same time, it would almost electrocute you! Not fun.

Yikes

Yes and inspected :)

I need to check wiring in the crawl space still.

Back
Top Bottom