Headphone Stands

Killer Fox

My first decent pair of headphones arrive today. I want to get or make a cheap but cool looking stand for them. What are you using? have any plans for making one? Any items for other uses on the market that can be used?

A very simple design ive been thinking of making
Looks easy.

Attachments

• 63abe325fdca51952e32cd47dff7b4e2--headphones-stand-diy-headphone-stand.jpg
    63abe325fdca51952e32cd47dff7b4e2--headphones-stand-diy-headphone-stand.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 73
MANY years ago I had a styrofoam head that was originally intended to be used to hold a wig. I added a wooden base for stability and eventually it got decorated it to look like a scary Halloween mask. I don’t remember whatever happened to it.

edit: Now, thinking back, way back, it may have been a victim of that lost weekend sending a friend off to Boot Camp — and the Keg of beer and the M-80s. Yeah, I bet that’s what happened to it.

Last edited:
I've used a banana hanger in the past. I'm using a jewelry/necklace display stand now that I bought at a craft store because it will hold two pairs of cans.

Do a search on AK. There are other threads on this topic.

IMG_20171115_125929.jpg

Last edited:
I just used an L-Hook screw like this:

3ZVH3_AS01

Simple, but effective and screwed into a shelving unit next to my system:

index.php

Glass head. I payed $20, from Peir One Imports. For some reason they are much more elsewhere.
20171115_103417.jpg

MANY years ago I had a styrofoam head that was originally intended to be used to hold a wig. I added a wooden base for stability and eventually it got decorated it to look like a scary Halloween mask. I don’t remember whatever happened to it.

edit: Now, thinking back, way back, it may have been a victim of that lost weekend sending a friend off to Boot Camp — and the Keg of beer and the M-80s. Yeah, I bet that’s what happened to it.

You must be a Penn Stater. LOL

I used to have a plastic bust of Beethoven that I used as a headphone stand. I think I had to fill the bottom with sand to give it enough weight to hold the phones.

I just LOVE your system. Nice vintage stuff. I am sure it sounds as good as it looks.
Thank you!! This system is just used for low volume bedroom listening, not to get into the whole Bose thing but they do a "good" job of filling a large bedroom with sound and I think they are aesthetically appealing.

Last edited:
Found these on eBay. Had them for a couple of months & happy with them. They're quite heavy & stable being lots of layers of laminated wood.

Attachments

• Headphone stand.JPG
    Headphone stand.JPG
    321.3 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom