What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

001ca639.jpeg

Oh man I don't even know what those speakers are but look like magnificent cabs and gotta be like finding a 356 Speedster buried in a barn somewhere.
What are they? Any links? Look like awesome bookshelf/use anywhere Advent speakers..
The Grandkids were kind enough to leave the original linens on Grandpa's speakers so looks like he will be happy they are used and appreciated again!!
They are New Large Advents(EPI 100V next to them)They sounded good to me right away but when I recapped them they went to a whole new level.Definitely not bookshelf speakers.26"x14"x11 1/2" Here's a new picture IMG_0004 (2).JPG Advent 019.JPG Advent 021.JPG

serveimage (1).jpg serveimage (2).jpg

The old Tigers Head,in 1901 and today.Now closed by the landowner.My wife and i would set off in the VW Campervan to arrive after 3 or 4 hour drive just in time for home made steak and kidney pie with a pint or two of Buttcombe Ale,then camp up nearby for some music in the bus and a fine nights sleep after the working week.A beautiful place.Dorset

No Goodwill here, but some thrifts. 4-5 years ago a pr of Pioneer CS99a's for $20, perfect condition, had to wheel them home 1/2 a mile on their cart and back, through the snow (really), and enjoyed them for a few years before moving on.
I was giggly the whole time they were around until the "next key find" came into being...
Are those the "Baby" model? Give a look under the hood when you get a chance.
I've heard and read alot about these old Advent models....
Here's a link to a thread on the "baby" advent. There are several more. There is a great thread on all the models on AK somewhere.If I find it I'll post it.http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/baby-advent-ii-speakers-review.310012/
Bob I never use the AK search. Use Google search:)

Back
Top Bottom