Another Great American Company Goes Down - Carvin Audio

gdmoore28

https://carvinaudio.com/blogs/news/carvin-audio-factory-closing-thank-you-for-your-support

he242-ecf6a1bc-013f-42c7-8d8a-582c3e5c595b-v2_large.jpg

And I think they had a grand opening on all new factory just this year. Sad.

GeeDeeEmm

This company I am saddened at. They made good, honest, reliable gear designed sensibly. At reasonable prices. Much if not all they made will stand the test of time, and be regarded of high quality in all things. I respect their design, their engineering, and the build quality. A lot of gear for reasonable money. Carvin gets my utmost respect always.

Wow. How do you go from moving into a new facility to winding down the business in only five months?

Wow. How do you go from moving into a new facility to winding down the business in only five months?

It's usually when 3rd generation family start coming into power. Not saying that's the case here, as I know nothing about the company other than a very good reputation (which often goes to hell with the 3rd generation in charge)..

It's usually when 3rd generation family start coming into power. Not saying that's the case here, as I know nothing about the company other than a very good reputation (which often goes to hell with the 3rd generation in charge)..

Like Schwinn.

The (semi-) good news is that their custom shop (AKA Kiesel Guitars) is doing fine and will continue in operation.

Kinda like Schwinn and Waterford, I 'spose.

Cheers,
Larry B.

sad, their was a time before the internet and cable tv, and cell phones when the only entertainment I had was a carvin book to dream in. many good years, they were the start company for many of the best players in the 70s 80s. but just a stepping stone unfortunately for most.

Man, I hate hearing this. Sadly it's a sign of the times we live in.

Hartley Peavey kept manufacturing in the US as long as he could, but finally had to offshore or he'd no longer be competitive.

I wonder how long Mesa will be able continue manufacturing here?

Thanks for the clarification, I was under the assumption that they had already closed a few years ago due to the name change of the custom guitars.

I played in a country/rock band with a fellow who used to be Carvin's European rep or something along that line. He owned the band and outfitted every electrical need with Carvin gear, from guitars to amps to PA system. The gear was wonderful. Not one failure, and the FOH and monitor positions were one of the best I've heard. I gained a lot of respect for the company through that experience.

And, like others, I spent a lot of time with the Carvin catalog when I was younger just lusting over their PA gear. My guitarist friends gushed over the bass and electric guitars, too.

Gonna miss them. What a shame.

GeeDeeEmm

Great gear at reasonable prices. Bought my first carvin guitar sight unseen back in the early nineties along with thier 100 watt tube amp. Very happy with that purchase.:rockon: I currently own a Carvin california carved top and recently purchased the V-3 tube amp. Carvin's quality is right up there with the other makers. Sad to hear they are shutting down.:no:

The (semi-) good news is that their custom shop (AKA Kiesel Guitars) is doing fine and will continue in operation.

Kinda like Schwinn and Waterford, I 'spose.

Cheers,
Larry B.

Hey, let's leave Waterford out of this! :thumbsup: Their bikes are still Holy Grails for many, including myself.

No argument there. When Grant Petersen started Rivendell - right after Bridgestone crashed and burned - I believe it was Waterford who did all the Rivendell frames for a while; maybe still do for all I know.

Cheers,
Larry B.

Man, I hate hearing this. Sadly it's a sign of the times we live in.

Hartley Peavey kept manufacturing in the US as long as he could, but finally had to offshore or he'd no longer be competitive.

I wonder how long Mesa will be able continue manufacturing here?

Unfortunately Ray,as long as our governments continue to allow foreign nations (most of which have far lower or nonexistent standards of living and environmental regulations) easy access to our markets,we're going to keep losing jobs and in many cases,entire companies.I agree that this is a ''sign of the times'',but I strongly feel that we need to change the ''sign'',if ya know what I mean.

I have always been a big Carvin fan,and their demise will be a great loss to the world of music.

No argument there. When Grant Petersen started Rivendell - right after Bridgestone crashed and burned - I believe it was Waterford who did all the Rivendell frames for a while; maybe still do for all I know.

Cheers,
Larry B.

And to think I live a mere hour away from the Waterford (and Gunnar!) HQ/production site. I should dumpster dive there sometime!

But I digress. Back to the Carver forum as previously scheduled.

my current set of office speakers for my daily driver are Carvins...picked up 2 pair, sold one to a professional DJ, kept the others because of the clarity, especially at lower normal levels - no boost needed.

oh well. the gear I have will last me my lifetime

Back
Top Bottom