What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

All the extra warnings and second languages we have to have on anything with chemicals in it. It makes the actual directions so tiny they are nearly impossible to read. Do I wait 30 minutes or 80 before a second coat?

190 unread pages of pet peeves....

No really, people who cannot turn right into a 2 block long merge lane. Every morning the first stop light I come to has a right turn on red (unless otherwise posted) and a two block long merge lane. Granted it's a highway where the speed limit is 45 mph and everyone is doing 55, and there is a left hand turn lane a third of a mile down the road that everyone wants to cross two lanes of traffic to get to, but still, two blocks to get up to speed and merge...

It does allow me to start my morning out cursing and slobbering and slathering though, so there is an upside.

Farmers Insurance.

They won't insure farms (at least not in CA).

:rflmao:

I have rural property where I have a shop and cut firewood (my house is in town) so I bought a tractor. My insurance company (Shelter, whose main HQ has been here since 1947 or whatever) said that they would insure it with something they call an "Inland Marine Policy." Obviously it's not a home or a car so it makes sense it would be something else, but Inland Marine? Agent told me the term originally was used to insure goods that arrive by boat and are then transferred to train, truck etc. and it covers them while being moved about. So they call it an Inland Marine policy. How hard would it be to just call it Farm Equipment? :dunno: "Hey guys let's update the archaic names for these policies...Naaah!"

New rant: Public Information people who think they can edit.

My organization (a large bureaucracy) has a PI person review everything that the public sees, including a slide show for a technical conference. Here's one of my slide titles:

"VI Assessment Is Not A Linear Process"

It's a complete sentence, what's not to like? Don't worry what VI is, the audience knows.

It got changed to:

"VI Assessment - Not Linear Process"

Which I and my colleagues think is far more awkward. Why the change? The PI staffer said the way I wrote it was awkward. :no: o_O

It would be fine if they knew what they were doing and we didn't, but it's not that way. :rolleyes:

This may have been already mentioned, and prob has...but being the next to a TP dispenser and there's not enough on the roll:rolleyes:...and no one's at home! This has gone from a minor league peeve to a major one!

Q

This may have been already mentioned, and prob has...but being the next to a TP dispenser and there's not enough on the roll:rolleyes:...and no one's at home! This has gone from a minor league peeve to a major one!
Q
At my house we always make sure there are reinforcements underneath the bathroom sink.

No problem.

When the hell was "you're welcome" replaced by "no problem?"

Right up there with "How are you doing today?" as from sales types/cashiers.

Asked one the other day..."Do you really care?" What I got back was "No, but we gotta ask anyways".

Faux caring in a non caring world.

Lately been replying "Got a half hour?" I then get the blank look...but it's fun to ask in return, eh? :)

And the world spins.

Q

Right up there with "How are you doing today?" as from sales types/cashiers.

Asked one the other day..."Do you really care?" What I got back was "No, but we gotta ask anyways".

Faux caring in a non caring world.

Lately been replying "Got a half hour?" I then get the blank look...but it's fun to ask in return, eh? :)

And the world spins.

Q

I'm always tempted to tell them I'm doing terrible and then begin telling them about my puppy or kitten... with pictures. Of it wearing a diaper. Next to a mummified corpse. And then when asked explaining in a very offhand fashion how that's my wife, well I married her right after the abduction, you see and I really thought that THIS TIME it would work out...

Back
Top Bottom