New York City Audio Show 2017-Friday 11/10-Sunday 11/12

GD70

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I'm planning to attend Saturday the 11th. Doors open 10am. Who's in and let's meet!
This was a ton of fun last year and hooked up with a few AKer's.
It gives you the opportunity to hear some famously expensive systems. You can also bring some vinyl and CD's to hear on some of these systems too!

Hey guys! This is coming soon, and I know there are a lot of NY Akers!
A golden opportunity to see and hear some fabulously expensive gear!

not many Akers responding to this thread....but ill be going Saturday Nov 11...i always attend these NY shows,although they are not as big or spacious as the days of the Waldorf-Astoria & NY Hilton where their was lots of live music from top musicians...but its better than nothing,

not many Akers responding to this thread....but ill be going Saturday Nov 11...i always attend these NY shows,although they are not as big or spacious as the days of the Waldorf-Astoria & NY Hilton where their was lots of live music from top musicians...but its better than nothing,
Cool. Doors open at 10am, so lets see if we can all gather out front around that time.

Hey all,

Not going to be able to make it, bummer. Too much to do around the house.
Have a great time, and take lots of pics!

Glenn

Any AKers end up going?
If so, how was the show and post pics please!
Glenn

I went....ill post some of my terrible quality photos...IMG_1336.JPGIMG_1336.JPGIMG_1341.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1342.JPG
    IMG_1342.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1349.JPG
    IMG_1349.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1356.JPG
    IMG_1356.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1348.JPG
    IMG_1348.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 43
a few more....sorry about double Luxman...

Attachments

• IMG_1358.JPG
    IMG_1358.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1336.JPG
    IMG_1336.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 20
Thanks for the pics red!
Would have loved to attend. But other priorities got in the way.
Next year!

thank you GD70....the show was smaller than last year,but still enjoyable....loved Audionote...Technics(who would have guessed)....Luxman 110 pound amp,excellent stuff...Legacy Focus SE speakers...Raven Audio...others,there were lots of stuff made in Brooklyn..i bought a CD from Cheskey & WOW they know how to record music! made my humble system sound as good as some of those mega buck rigs.1 more photo...

Attachments

• IMG_1340.JPG
    IMG_1340.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 25
I had a nice time, met Chad Kassem :) . Listened to some great sounding, very large, very expensive speakers.
The surprise takeaway were the $600/pair Cambridge Audio Aero bookshelf speakers. They were the best sounding bookshelves I heard there. Might have missed a room, but they were better than one set selling for $11K/pair.

The very worst Audio Show I've ever been to! I am now no longer an "audiophile" because that means boring pathetic music and polite WAY overpriced components... Every room I heard was horrible... exceptions being Luxman, Legacy and Martin Logan... rest "suoked" ... and I really don't like pouring over 5 crates of records filled with dupes while being talked at in an overcrowded room...( ie a company that I respect very much that did not put their best foot forward...Chad's room..). sorry but the audio presenters were not many and most of what I heard was bad... really wanted my money back from the Chester Group!

Hey Botrytis....I've been attending them for 41 years.. also listened or worked in over 30 studios (including AIR London, Electric Lady, Water, Streeterville, Record Plant, Atlantic, Clinton, others ...been in Masterdisk a number of times having my projects mastered on the Duntechs back then...and attended many AES pro audio shows...so I do have some perspective...also designed multiple listening and recording rooms..seen the good the bad and the ugly... Sorry but this was ugly to me.

..... by extension of your main point, .... if others throughout the years, as well as others at the show, were able to produce good sound then that counters the issue you bring up. Although I do basically agree with you that it is not easy and sometimes a crapshoot too set up audio in a hotel room, that's part of the job of running an audio company; to be prepared for this and take appropriate measures..

Moreover, your point also does not address the issue of using music which is so very often insipid and unsuitable in content to really make valid assessments (also the audio company's responsibility) ..and that's not just my observation but one that is long-standing.. and again...a VERY limited number of companies were really there...

but that's what subjectivity is all about... enjoy your audio...if you liked what you heard..good for you. I'll be at many more shows but probably not this one again...but be my guest and go ahead if you liked what you heard.

Back
Top Bottom