Scored 10 CD-RW discs today!!! Free!!!

Ronald1973

8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man
I moved in my new office last week and have been cleaning out crap like an old vacuum, broken chair, etc. Two doors down, the building caught fire, and they're remodeling/cleaning up. I went to dump trash in the dumpster and found 10 CD-RW's dumped still in their jewel case. It looks like old insurance files, old pictures, etc. They appear to be in prime shape, so I'm testing one now by burning some music to it. I'm pretty well by myself all day, so I do a lot of music listening on the little CD player someone left behind. I'm hoping these will play on it, but if not, they'll play in my vehicle!

I used to use CD-RW to back up my music collection, then rewrite over them as the collection grew.
And then hard drives affordable.

Now I'm using DVD-RW to record old VHS stuff to archive.
After editing, I burn to DVD+R

It'll just be something to play in my car and at work since I don't have any type of USB capability at the moment for either one. Plus, they were free!

My fairly new CD player in the car does NOT like CD-RW. The little cheap CD player at work? Plays without a problem!

Cassette? Whats that? :)
Ha! I scoured through the top of the dumpster today to see if there were anymore in there. Nope, but I did spot a floppy disk and the little micro-cassettes that they used in the small tape recorders and some answering machines. A blender that was from the 70's was in there that I saw. I didn't grab anything today other than a mint condition first aid book; I am the manager of a home health office, so it'll look good on my desk!

Lol what a thread. I feel like I'm back in 2000. I can't believe the excitement generated by such a find :jump:

Lol what a thread. I feel like I'm back in 2000. I can't believe the excitement generated by such a find :jump:
When your car doesn't have an aux input or USB capability, AND you're stuck with a lowly boombox at work with a CD player without USB or mp3 capability, you're happy!

Back
Top Bottom