The Kazu Matsui Project - Time No Longer

Cover.JPG
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9154

I was gifted 100+ Jazz Fusion LPs last week so I'll be posting here with some frequency in the coming weeks!
Congrats on the unintentional "score." Fusion is one of my lifelong favorite genres and I can't wait to see what you post.

Hiroshima - Little Tokyo

Cover.JPG
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9154

Tortilla Flat - Fur Ein ¾ Stündchen

tortilla-flat-fur-ein-3-4-stundchen-german-original-private-prog-jazz_1996516

Congrats on the unintentional "score." Fusion is one of my lifelong favorite genres and I can't wait to see what you post.

I was big into this stuff in the late 70's/early 80's but have largely ignored it since then. The exception was while living in the Czech Republic and hunting old vinyl there. They had a Jazz Fusion scene of their own. Just listened to;

P1010002_3.jpg

Here's one we've all seemed to maybe overlook -

It's a different take on Mahavishnu Orchestra's "Birds of Fire".

A blend of Firebird Suite (Igor Stravinsky) with Birds of Fire (John McLaughlin).

From Don Sebesky - Giant Box album, song "Firebird, Bird of Fire", which trades back & forth a couple times with both renditions.

Lotsa artists, strings, horns on the lp. The guitar is either Harry Leahey or George Benson surprisingly, carrying the JM motif blended with pro string section, unless it's just strings, needs a close listening. Jack DeJohnette was also on this lp, but pretty sure that signature style is Billy Cobham on this track.
Always loved when YES opened shows with Stravinsky's Firebird Suite !

Here's one we've all seemed to maybe overlook -

It's a different take on Mahavishnu Orchestra's "Birds of Fire".

A blend of Firebird Suite (Igor Stravinsky) with Birds of Fire (John McLaughlin).

From Don Sebesky - Giant Box album, song "Firebird, Bird of Fire", which trades back & forth a couple times with both renditions.

Lotsa artists, strings, horns on the lp. The guitar is either Harry Leahey or George Benson surprisingly, carrying the JM motif blended with pro string section, unless it's just strings, needs a close listening. Jack DeJohnette was also on this lp, but pretty sure that signature style is Billy Cobham on this track.
Always loved when YES opened shows with Stravinsky's Firebird Suite !

That was a real blast from the past, good call brother!! I don't think I have heard this since early 70's radio.

Whatta lineup of artists, and stellar treatment of arrangement in composition. Bet this sounds great cranked up loud...Hmmm...idea, gotta play it again since this laptop is dac'd into a hifi system. :music:

Cheers Good Buddy ! Friday nite Fusion ! :beerchug:

Whatta lineup of artists, and stellar treatment of arrangement in composition. Bet this sounds great cranked up loud...Hmmm...idea, gotta play it again since this laptop is dac'd into a hifi system. :music:

Cheers Good Buddy ! Friday nite Fusion ! :beerchug:

Outstanding!! :)

One of these days I will be able to stream.

Cheers brother! :beerchug:

Back in early 2015 I simply bought a Light Harmonics Geek Out 450 dac for $132, my first MassDrop purchase. It even powers up HD650 cans nicely, and they made a model 1000 also with higher power. Although midfi (punches way over it's price) rather than audiophile, it does the job for me - heck the music is always in our head, I just need to be reminded of it. It's wired out of this Toshiba (2007),...OK yes it's old, but was tops at that time & actually has a super sound card inside as factory bought. The Geek Out 450 is a superb little critter, and I chose it over all others this size as the AudioQuest Dragonfly was not compatible with my system.

The brand new A-quest Dragonfly versions are said to be really good at a reasonable price. For stuff like limited & compressed youtube audio/video these are both essential and "good enough" since the source is lo-fi. But, these tiny little buggers do the job well and provide fatigue-free listening for this rare stuff (live vintage shows/clips) on youtube. The dragonfly & geek out are the size of a small cigarette lighter, and I added the dragon-tail dongle cord to patch it to the laptop so as not to damage the laptop jack, if ever the cord got pulled. Run the wire out to the inputs of a switchbox to the hifi amp, presto !

Funny story always forgetting to pass along....

a good 20 years ago was in a cvs grabbing last minute Halloween candy & decorations for the holiday & trick or treat nite for the kids.

There was a cassette tape of cvs generic Spooky Halloween Music, I forget the actual tape title. 2 or 3 bucks, bought it for fun - no trax listings at all.

Play it at home and it had some traditional spooky Halloween favourites - scary Bach organ piece, etc...but the majority of the tape was actual songs lifted direct from Inner Mounting Flame ! The songs would pan in , play a few minutes & pan out...on some songs there was dubbed "ghost" sounds & spooky sound effects at the top of the song, then the song would play. I was flabbergasted !

Hopefully, John & bandmembers got royalties, but it's sketchy at best.

Still have that cassette buried in storage somewhere; if I ever can find the tape (likely in years) I'll post it here. Mahavishnu never scares us, it only inspires us all here !

Back in early 2015 I simply bought a Light Harmonics Geek Out 450 dac for $132, my first MassDrop purchase. It even powers up HD650 cans nicely, and they made a model 1000 also with higher power. Although midfi (punches way over it's price) rather than audiophile, it does the job for me - heck the music is always in our head, I just need to be reminded of it. It's wired out of this Toshiba (2007),...OK yes it's old, but was tops at that time & actually has a super sound card inside as factory bought. The Geek Out 450 is a superb little critter, and I chose it over all others this size as the AudioQuest Dragonfly was not compatible with my system.

The brand new A-quest Dragonfly versions are said to be really good at a reasonable price. For stuff like limited & compressed youtube audio/video these are both essential and "good enough" since the source is lo-fi. But, these tiny little buggers do the job well and provide fatigue-free listening for this rare stuff (live vintage shows/clips) on youtube. The dragonfly & geek out are the size of a small cigarette lighter, and I added the dragon-tail dongle cord to patch it to the laptop so as not to damage the laptop jack, if ever the cord got pulled. Run the wire out to the inputs of a switchbox to the hifi amp, presto !

This went right over my head lol. I know nothing about streaming. I only have Chromecast for video to watch Youtubes on the big screen. I'll get into it one of these days but it has work with my main system and will require a DAC etc.

Back
Top Bottom