How old are you and what are the frequency limits of your hearing?

How’s the upper limit of your hearing?

• 8k upper limit

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • 10k upper limit

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • 12k upper limit

Votes: 20 17.9%
  • 14k upper limit

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • 16k upper limit

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • 18k ( really ? )

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Both ears significantly different

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Just can’t seem to hear anything coming from certain people

Votes: 16 14.3%

• Total voters

podbaydoors

Ok, here is an uncomfortable question for all of us of a “certain age”.....

I’m 61, both ears hear down to 25ish hz and the difference is in the higher frequencies. The left ear hears up to 14.5 kHz but the right is dead to anything above 8 kHz.

Using AR-3a or headphones, results are about the same.

No discernible peaks or dips.

Years of gigging with a double stack behind me and to the right apparently took it’s toll!

No one who enjoys listening wants to lose the ability.

Lou

Talk about gigging.I played for 30 years with a Peavey MAX Bass Head (1000 Watts)Bi-Amped to 2 Peavey 3620 Bottoms (2 x 18s + 2 x 10's) per Cabs never having to go above 2 on Volume and can still hear around 15 with both Ears.I am 70:)

Talk about gigging.I played for 30 years with a Peavey MAX Bass Head (1000 Watts)Bi-Amped to 2 Peavey 3620 Bottoms (2 x 18s + 2 x 10's) per Cabs never having to go above 2 on Volume and can still hear around 15 with both Ears.I am 70:)
Quite the setup!
For bass I used an Acoustic 360 for low end and a 250 for the growl.

33 and scraping the middle of 17k.

Although I don't know how since I have not been remotely nice to my ears since a young age.

I do have tinnitus, but it hangs out around 15khz, so its not horrible.

Ok, here is an uncomfortable question for all of us of a “certain age”.....

I’m 61, both ears hear down to 25ish hz and the difference is in the higher frequencies. The left ear hears up to 14.5 kHz but the right is dead to anything above 8 kHz.

Using AR-3a or headphones, results are about the same.

No discernible peaks or dips.

Years of gigging with a double stack behind me and to the right apparently took it’s toll!

No one who enjoys listening wants to lose the ability.

Lou
My dad is 68 and can't hear above like 2k after years of machining at 3m. I always get down when I'm trying to show him my latest audio projects cause I know he's missing out.

I used to be able to hear the resonance from a TV flyback transformer. That is long gone. Oh, wait, TVs with that technology are long gone.

30 plus years of marriage and I can't hear any frequencies from my wife's voice....:) :eek2:

Actually, I'm 59, and about 10-12k is the limit for me these days.

I used to be able to hear the resonance from a TV flyback transformer. That is long gone. Oh, wait, TVs with that technology are long gone.
I used to have a magic trick, I would tell my brother in the next room to turn the tv on and off and I would tell him when it was on or off by listening for the flyback.

Back
Top Bottom