New life for old system

Just ordered a belt and tire kit from Wjoe radio, I didn't realize that they are about one hour drive from here. I'll be opening up that 950 cassette deck as soon as get it! It left California today! :)

Just talked to my Tech and he said end of the week! :) I won't believe it till I see it! Then you all can see it! Then I can hear it! :banana:

Good luck! I didn't find re belting that hard as long as you are patient. Just make sure you clean the wheels good to remove any old belt material

NO CALL on my amplifier status! This is getting OLD!

I think it's worse that I'm left just hanging, not knowing what is going on! It gives me a bad feeling! I think that I have been quite patient!

From the attic.jpg There is no reason grown men should not play with toys. Your post inspired me to take a trip to the attic. This weekend will be spent assembling a track and tuning some cars.

I ran a CD into the deck and am receiving a signal, good sign I would assume. I can see lots of dust inside and that is my first goal, cleaning it up nice. I have some clean room grade alcohol and was wondering if I can use that in a little spray bottle. Any thoughts? I should go get a can of compressed air and try blowing it of first I'm thinking. The dust looks sticky peeking through the vents! I'm not going to try playing a tape till I go through the transport! IMAG0554.jpg

After searching the forum, much reading and my years of automotive experience I picked up a can of crc for cleaning and I'll use the alcohol for the tape path. I'm getting a bottle of rubber renue Friday and then I will be ready to go for it!

Going moving coil has been a revelation. Just added a Benz-Micro MC20E2 LOMC, and waiting on a Benz Woody SL!
The Benz-Micro Lukashek PP-1 MC phono preamp has made my Benz and Linn MC carts sound fabulous.

22489660_1252412758197954_3145670584613134520_n(1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom