Anyone in Silicon Valley and Bay Area?

You sure it's the receiver? How does it sound without the sub, is the bass sound fine without the sub?

You have a multi-meter? Put it on DCV setting, measure across the Pioneer speaker terminals ( the red and black terminals on the channel) and see how much DC offset voltage you read.

If the Pioneer sounds good without the sub, AND the DC offset voltage of both channels are less than 30mV, your problem is not even in the Pioneer.

Anyone near the Monterey Bay area? I am new to the vintage tube amps and recently just picked up a Fisher President VIII from an estate sale and am looking to learn.

Welcome Joe! To assist your hunt I recommend you become a subscriber to the site (is only $25 a year) as it give you access to a lot more areas of the site that are useful to learning and items that are for sale (thread called BarterTown). Its were members can buy and sell their gear.

Welcome Joe! To assist your hunt I recommend you become a subscriber to the site (is only $25 a year) as it give you access to a lot more areas of the site that are useful to learning and items that are for sale (thread called BarterTown). Its were members can buy and sell their gear.

Thanks BRW. I'm planning on signing up once it's live again, it says its down more maintenance

It's up and running, I thought the same thing. There is actually a lot of activity there. I posted a console just over a week ago and it's already had over 2000 views. Stuff comes up through the day.

I'm in Campbell. Easy to find- just drive around until you hear Yma Sumac being played at neighbor-enraging levels

ZWFtSL

I am in Morgan Hill, the vintage bug got me.
I have a Sx-650 in great shape, an sx-880 without sound. I also got into 8 track tapes and laserdiscs.

Back
Top Bottom