Listening chair/loveseat/couch - what are you rockin'?

3kitty

For many audio enthusiasts what they sit in for their listening pleasure is important and can vary with individual needs and priorities.

I have a rare autoimmune disorder that has a deterioration component both from a muscular and neurological perspective. And this year has been rough as things have worsened.

So I found myself needing to get a chair with overall better support and comfort.

I found something that I hope will bring many hours of listening pleasure and comfort.
These come up very rarely used but I found one.....I could never afford a new one.

Ekornes - a Norwegian company.

One of their lines.....Stressless was introduced in 1971, as the first recliner designed to meet your body’s need for movement and support when seated.

Most of their models come in small....medium and large sizes.
I'm not a big guy so this medium is perfect....like brand new....upgraded leather and I even dig the colour!
....not everyones choice I know :)

Click on pic for larger image -

This is mine:

Downstairs_Stereo_1.jpg

Details posted in this thread:

Show Us Your Listening Chair

I'e been collecting medical bed parts and junk metal for a while now. I have a design in my head for a lazy boy style chair as a metal sculpture with fully adjustable seat and back (medical bed parts).

For many audio enthusiasts what they sit in for their listening pleasure is important and can vary with individual needs and priorities.

I have a rare autoimmune disorder that has a deterioration component both from a muscular and neurological perspective. And this year has been rough as things have worsened.

So I found myself needing to get a chair with overall better support and comfort.

I found something that I hope will bring many hours of listening pleasure and comfort.
These come up very rarely used but I found one.....I could never afford a new one.

One of their lines.....Stressless was introduced in 1971, as the first recliner designed to meet your body’s need for movement and support when seated.

I'm not a big guy so this medium is perfect....like brand new....upgraded leather and I even dig the colour!

I've always liked the Danish Modern look which I think that is. To my eyes, the color fits the chair perfectly.. nice.

OMG I love that color. Parentals have a pair of beige/tan chairs that just blend in, but this stands out. They're good chairs, you should enjoy this one.

KIMG1122.jpg KIMG1124.jpg I have an imitation stressles recliner from Macy's. It's not the real thing but it's close. It's about 12 feet from the Allisons, and dead center. It's a very nice place to listen. My wife calls it the Maxell chair. LOL

Last edited:
20170812_203643.jpg 20170805_172449.jpg

There are some very nice listening rooms I'm seeing! Thanks everyone for sharing!

Mhardy, your room always amazes me. That's some SERIOUS toe-in on those speakers.

No recent pics of where I sit, it's an old recliner I salvaged from the side of the road. After a HEAVY steam cleaning, it was pretty nice. Soon to be replaced with a christmas gift, or at least that is the plan.

Pics are of my repurposed antique kitchen drawer/wash basin thingie, and my McIntosh XRT20's in a 11x10 foot room, lol

Where did you get those LP drawer storage on the far left and right? !

Those are vintage Lane record cabinets. Lane made them in several different styles during the 1950s, 60s and 70s. I picked up the one on the right at a vintage furniture store on Hawthorne Blvd. in Portland, OR and a couple moths later, I picked up the second one off craigslist from a private seller.

I recommend searching the furniture section of your local craigslist, as well as local eBay listings for record cabinet. You may not find the exact same model I have, but you should be able to locate something. Lane made a lot of these back when every home had a "record player".

If you want the exact same style, I can get the Lane product codes off the bottom of the cabinets. Lane was very good at labeling everything they made with a specific product code that designated the model number and date of manufacture.

Back
Top Bottom