Accuphase T101 tuning meter doesn't move

lbcgav

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Is there an IC or crystal that I can change out to fix this issue? The tuner appears to work very well and all other indicators are working properly.

First you need to determine if the meter is bad or not. You can take a multimeter on the lowest ohm's setting and just touch the leads of the meter. It should defect the meter. You may have to reverse the leads to get a positive movement. Just touch the meter, don't hold the leads on the meter for an extended time. You just want to see if it moves with voltage or not. If its good then we can look at way it isn't moving. My initial thought would be a bad transistor, but could also just be dirty switches, old caps, broken wire, bad solder joint, etc.

First you need to determine if the meter is bad or not. You can take a multimeter on the lowest ohm's setting and just touch the leads of the meter. It should defect the meter. You may have to reverse the leads to get a positive movement. Just touch the meter, don't hold the leads on the meter for an extended time. You just want to see if it moves with voltage or not. If its good then we can look at way it isn't moving. My initial thought would be a bad transistor, but could also just be dirty switches, old caps, broken wire, bad solder joint, etc.
As a late follow up, I never actually opened this back up to see if the meter moves with a multimeter, but for whatever reason, the tuning meter is working now. I don't know if an old dried up capacitor was "reformed" or what, but the tuning meter is working the way it should.

Last edited:
There is an IC on board number 703-0002-00.
test pin 9 and 10 on pcb board socket to see if each carries 5V(DC)
Output of IC 6 pins 11&12 connect to a junction of R30 C36 this should be reading 5V(same for other side of circuit R31 C37)) ---- .

Back
Top Bottom