2017-18 NCAA Basketball

Redikilowatt

Audio Understudy
Subscriber
So it begins. Duke vs Michigan St. at 7pm followed by Kentucky vs Kansas and a number of other interest matchups :)

I hate Duke, so go Spartans :banana:

This should be another fun year for NCAA B-ball with a ton of great freshmen.

Roger

UVa is unranked this year. My other team, WVU, is ranked and has some great returning talent. I'll be heading to Charlottesville, VA and Morgantown, WV a few times this year to attend some games. Always a blast.

As for tonight, go Sparties.

Mizzou is a MUCH improved team this year. The last few years have been unwatchable.

Tonight I have Duke and Kansas.

Mizzou is a MUCH improved team this year. The last few years have been unwatchable.

Tonight I have Duke and Kansas.

Good picks.
I thought MSU stopped going inside because of Duke's tall guys and started putting up 3s. You won't win many games against Duke shooting 3s.

Apparently the kids keep getting taller and taller . . . at least the ones going to Duke and Kentucky :rolleyes:

Roger

Duke and Kentucky are at a distinct advantage when it comes to recruiting. A few others are not far behind, but those 2 programs stand out. Duke did especially well with this years newbies.

It's going to be a fun year!

Ahhh - glad to see our basketball thread up early this year. I have been so lucky - I've been given tickets to 4 KU games so far this year. For those not in the KC area - KU played Missouri for a charity event in Kansas City. They raised money for Hurricane Relief. The venue sold out to season ticket holders before the general public could get tickets. One of my clients is a season ticket holder and she gave me her code to purchase tickets. KU won - after listening to that MIZ-ZOU cheer during the game it was a great relief to do the Rock Chalk chant at the end, out in the corridor and down the stairs to the street when it was over. Rock Chalk!

Can't wait.... the competion and games leading to the "Road to Final Four", ups and downs.. is what "real world" competition is made up of!

The only thing more intense is a Thanksgiving Day family gathering, impromptu "two hand touch" football game!!

On the backyard "soft lawn" that is... : o

Ahhh - glad to see our basketball thread up early this year. I have been so lucky - I've been given tickets to 4 KU games so far this year. For those not in the KC area - KU played Missouri for a charity event in Kansas City. They raised money for Hurricane Relief. The venue sold out to season ticket holders before the general public could get tickets. One of my clients is a season ticket holder and she gave me her code to purchase tickets. KU won - after listening to that MIZ-ZOU cheer during the game it was a great relief to do the Rock Chalk chant at the end, out in the corridor and down the stairs to the street when it was over. Rock Chalk!

Great to have you join us again!
Ranked No. 4, eh?
Lots of great basketball coming up this year . . . more games than I can watch. What a great problem to have :)

Roger

Hopeful that the Longhorns will be much improved this year - Shaka Smart has had a couple of years to recruit. So far 3-0 and a win in exhibition over #16 A&M. Will play Butler tomorrow in the PK80 tournament. A win (dare I hope) would likely result in a matchup with Duke on Friday.

Hook 'Em!

Hopeful that the Longhorns will be much improved this year - Shaka Smart has had a couple of years to recruit. So far 3-0 and a win in exhibition over #16 A&M. Will play Butler tomorrow in the PK80 tournament. A win (dare I hope) would likely result in a matchup with Duke on Friday.

Hook 'Em!

Well, I certainly hope you get to Beat Dook :thumbsup:
And Shaka Smart is another great coach.

Roger

I am really disappointed the Michael Porter Jr. had an apparent season ending injury that required surgery after playing a total of 2 minutes in Mizzou's first game of the season.

I am really disappointed the Michael Porter Jr. had an apparent season ending injury that required surgery after playing a total of 2 minutes in Mizzou's first game of the season.
I hated to see this injury as well. They say it is a back injury and he will need surgery. Way too young for this kind of problem. :(

UCLA was much improved last year. We lost TJ Leaf and Lonzo to one and done. And this year, three more players suspended. Oh well, back to mid pack. At least we will see less of Lavar.

Back
Top Bottom