2017-18 NCAA Basketball

My UVa Cavaliers are 7-0 and have crept into the rankings. Last year's freshman have packed on a little muscle and Kyle Guy has cut off the man bun. It's early in the year and, as usual, I'm foolishly optimistic.

My UVa Cavaliers are 7-0 and have crept into the rankings. Last year's freshman have packed on a little muscle and Kyle Guy has cut off the man bun. It's early in the year and, as usual, I'm foolishly optimistic.

Good luck! I think getting rid of man buns will help any team :)

Our Zags are looking better than people outside this area thought. That double overtime game with Florida was amazing.

They will only get better. Watch for Hachimura to develop and Killie is a total stud.

Will be having a few beers while the Minnesota Gophers hopefully can beat Miami. 12 vs 10. Should be good!

ACC spanking the B1G.

Early season rankings just put a target on your back. I don’t get hung up on it at all.
Love a good game regardless of rank or pedigree.

I have been very lucky and have been handed free tickets to a number of KU games so far this year. I'm about an hour east of Lawrence, so it makes a great evening of fun! For those that don't know - my late husband was the huge KU fan and I have taken over his passion. I recently had a paver put outside Allen Field House in his memory.
IMG_6124.JPG IMG_E6159.JPG IMG_6026.JPG

I have been very lucky and have been handed free tickets to a number of KU games so far this year. I'm about an hour east of Lawrence, so it makes a great evening of fun! For those that don't know - my late husband was the huge KU fan and I have taken over his passion. I recently had a paver put outside Allen Field House in his memory.
View attachment 1056198 View attachment 1056199 View attachment 1056201

That is awesome. I remember when you lost your husband and my heart ached for your tremendous loss. I am glad to see you have found a way to honor him at a place you both love.

WVU played UVa in Morgantown last night. My wife attended WVU and I attended UVa, so I was sent to the basement to watch with a UVa buddy of mine. While the game was close most of the way, WVU was always in control. Senior points vs. sophomore points. "Still young," I tell/fool myself.

I forgot to mention that my wife and daughter were watching upstairs and when my friend and I emerged from the basement after the loss, my teenage daughter flashed us the "L" sign with her thumb and forefinger. Sweet child.;)

There were a lot of good games on last night. My wife and I took turns flipping channels :)

Unranked Florida St. beat No. 5 Florida, Ball St. beat No. 9 Notre Dame, No. 13 WVU beat No. 15 Virginia (as noted by Ken), No. 4 Villanova beat No. 12 Gonzaga easily, currently unranked Arizona beat No. 7 Texas A&M, and Duke squeaked out 124-67 over St. Francis, PA :cool:

Oops, No. 14 Minnesota lost of Nebraska.

Rankings will undergo another big change this week!

Roger

Ugh. I got to watch KU lose in person last night. Glad they got a loss in before it really counts. Hope Bill and the boys figure things out.

Looking forward to opening conference play versus KU. Texas is 6-2 so far with the two losses coming from Duke and Gonzaga, both in overtime.

Alan

So grateful I was at a church program yesterday afternoon and was not watching the game. Although my phone kept blowing up with texts. Don't know what is wrong
with my Jayhawks but I hope somebody figures it out soon.......

Good win over Louisville. NCAA trouble looms large for Louisville.

How did Arizona go from No. 2 to unranked?

Yeah... I asked WTF? UA Alumnus... now in Oregon. Hard to say much until conference play begins. Ariz State at #5? But they did beat Kansas.

Long way to go this season.

Tar Heels here. Not that I am so much personally invested; rather I have invested personally in the institution.

That said: My eldest graduates from UNC this Sunday. He caught his (1) Duke @ UNC game (win) as a student last season; in a year where they went all the way. What a way to go out? I doubt that can be matched this year. He is just one lucky cat that way.

Back
Top Bottom