Your Last Concert (or two)

November 1st, 2017 Buffalo, NY
Univerity at Buffalo Center for the Arts
John McLaughlin and Jimmy Herring ~ A Meeting of the Spirits

Below is a link to the NYC show on 11/4/2017
Jimmy Herring plays first. John McLaughlin starts at 1 hour 19 minutes. Mahavishnu starts at 2 hours 17 minutes.

Last edited:
Saw two shows this year.
Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (July 22nd, 2017 in St. Augustine, Florida)
Green Day (Sept. 5th, 2017 in Tampa, Florida)

November 17, 2017, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Another EDM night, just DJ's:

Solus
Living Light
Opening Circle
Desert Dwellers
Dirtwire
Thriftworks

I clocked out at midnight, show went until 2am. Not my cup of tea. Did I mention it was sold out? The line for entry finally subsided just around midnight.

Last edited:
November 18, 2017, McMenamins Lola's Room, Portland OR

Hush
A Sun, A Moon
Private Island
Mating Ritual

November 18, 2017, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

90's Flashback glow light night.

Yes they do dual shows in this venue on two floors. With a bar/pub on the ground floor that may have a DJ going. So 3 levels of shows at times. The pub cooks for the building.

Last edited:
I attended concerts by John Cale on Friday and Saturday, so those would be the last two.

The Friday concert was all Velvet Underground (mostly the Nico album) and the arrangements were very good for the most part. Cale and his ensemble delivered blistering renditions of Waiting for the Man and Heroin and a rollicking Sister Ray to end the show. Other performances weren't so good. Many of the assisting musicians - with names like Kurt Vile, Animal Collective, MGMT, Thee Oh Sees and Connan Mockasin - were clearly more schtick than substance. The women who sang the Nico parts were simply dreadful. The worst was either off-key or audibly inhaling deeply after every line.

The Saturday performance, which included many of the same assisting musicians, was all John Cale compositions. The arrangements of his old stuff were dull and lifeless (mostly plagued by mere recitations of lyrics with droning accompaniment) and his new songs were just awful. The worst was titled What Do Pretty People Say? and the lyrics were the line "what do pretty people say . . . hey, hey" repeated way too many times than was necessary (once would have been quite enough). Another included the line "ding, dong the witch is dead" (as a stand-alone concept, apparently). For anyone other than Cale, I would have felt angry and inclined to ask for my money back. But instead I just felt greatly disappointed and embarrassed for him.

Last edited:
November 24, 2017, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Orphan
Common Kings
Matisyahu - Broken Crowns Tour

November 25, 2017, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Yet another EDM night. Sold out.

Evergreen
Echos
Dabin
Said The Sky
Illenium

November 27, 2017, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Metal at the ballroom.

Astronoid
Periphery
Animals As Leaders - Convergence Tour

November 30, 2017, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Ashe
Louis Futon
Louis The Child - Last To Leave Tour

I don't know where they dig up some of these acts. A pair of firsts for me tonight. Somebody pissed from the balcony on to the main floor. Somebody threw a cell phone into the needle receptacle in the women's bathroom on the second floor. No I don't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
.Went to see The Mavericks last night...and during the part of the show where Raul was doing a tribute to the shooting victims we've had lately, 2 numnutz decided it would be a cool time to have a shoving match! Stay classy, bozos! :no:

December 2, 2017, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

First of several December To Remember shows, sold out:

Pure Bathing Culture
Sylvan Esso

A good night, no fights, no ejections, and no one was peed on. At least not in public. Oh that guy got a ride in a police car and was photographed in the act.

November 30, 2017, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Ashe
Louis Futon
Louis The Child - Last To Leave Tour

I don't know where they dig up some of these acts. A pair of firsts for me tonight. Somebody pissed from the balcony on to the main floor. Somebody threw a cell phone into the needle receptacle in the women's bathroom on the second floor. No I don't make this stuff up.
I heard that during the Ice Age (not sure which one) there were only 10,000 humans left on the face of the earth.
Not enough people to fill a stadium. Good thing they weren't all in the same place.
No chance humanity would have survived this far.

December 4, 2017, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

December To Remember #2 show sold out:

The Weather Machine ( from Portland OR)
The Lumineers

Just worked the Cleopatra Tour in March this year. Never thought I would see them in a venue this small. They only played an hour but it sounded great.

Gary Numan at the Rickshaw Nov 23rd..wow, really good, was given a free ticket..so glad I went, dark, heavy, not pop at all..somewhat NIN.
Funny thing while standing in line outside, a young guy asks who is playing..I usually only see young people lined up here:rflmao:
I don't think anyone under 40 was there but I know it could of been filled up with teen's to 20 somethings and they would of loved it just the same,

A Perfect Circle at the Pacific Coliseum Nov 30, another wow show..to me it was epic, 1st time seeing APC..the band was tight and the sound was great:banana:

December 5, 2017, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

December To Remember show #3 sold out:

Karl King
Vance Joy

Edit: Karl King sound was awesome. Mix on Vance was really muddy at first but they cleaned it up later on. Took a while. I'll beat on the sound guys.

Last edited:
Nov. 25
Nicole Atkins at the Wonderbar in Asbury Park, NJ
What a voice! What a writer! Her band was hot, too.

Back
Top Bottom