Winter New England FrankenFest Saturday March 10, 2018 Sutton MA

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
We're on for the 2018 Winter FrankenFest!

We have secured the American Legion Lodge in Sutton, MA for Saturday March 10th, 2018. We have the room for 12 noon until 5PM though "organizers" can show up early to help "setup".

Since this is our first time at this venue we want to be careful not to alienate them - so let's try to make this run smoothly.

The location is just off of route 146 south of the Mass Pike (I90) - so this should be a little bit closer for most of us versus Clinton.

Dudley-Gendron American Legion
156 Boston Rd
Sutton, MA 01590

Here's a link to a map:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...24bd01d4435f98!8m2!3d42.1598864!4d-71.7401907

Here's the thread for the Barter Town "for sale" thread:
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....t-for-sale-thread-3-10-2018-sutton-ma.804301/

The room is costing us $250 and a bunch of us have agreed to pitch in $50 each to finance the initial event..

Entry fee for this initial event will be $10 per person (kids and spouses are free) - future events will be $5.

The idea is that if we get 50 people we will raise $500.
From that we can pay off our initial costs and then have a fund that will cover future events (est $250) and the future events will only be $5 per person.

I'll also be making and selling (preorder like the previous T-shirts) embroidered polo shirts.
The profit from that will also fund the "future events fund". Any excess we can donate to AK and/or use to buy pizzas or such for the events.

There's more -
We are not allowed to bring alcohol onsite or drink out in the parking lots - but - there is a bar adjacent to our room for those who crave a brewski (though I'd imagine it's nothing exotic).

There is a kitchen area where we can use the refrigerator and also warm food - but don't plan on cooking a meal there (sorry Ed).

They will have some tables available - but we should still plan on bringing tables, extension cords and power strips.

They have an ATM (could be dangerous, I know).

The room is carpeted and has decent acoustics - and there's also a wood floored dance area for those who are so inclined.
Plenty of parking and no stairs from the parking lot so loading and unloading will be easy.

Some people have expressed an interest in putting on some demonstrations or seminars. Frankly, I think that this space will be more amenable to those kinds of things.
As much as we all loved the Clinton location people tended to get spread out and distracted (not that that was bad of course). Here we'll be more focused in a common area.
Of course it will be a challenge to demo systems but we can do what the NY group does - we can have a demo schedule where we walk around the room as a group and listen to individual systems.

I'm very excited that we can continue the FrankenFest tradition. We still have to decide how often we want to put these on. Right now I'm thinking a Fall and winter event - the summer events seem to be sparsely attended but one in October and another in March seem to fit peoples schedules.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:
Awesome!
So how does payment work?
10.00 at the door, and anything else needed up front?

being a Saturday, I may be able to get off from work if there is no snow.

Good work Jim

Payment is $10 cash at the door .
We’ll need volunteers to run the door - maybe 1 hour shifts or something like that.

No advanced notice - you can show up with your gear to sell or demo - just like always.

Excellent news! I like the idea of a demo schedule. I hope to bring the Brauns this time.

The location is just off of route 146 south of the Mass Pike (I90) - so this should be a little bit closer for most of us versus Clinton.
o_O

Is there a barter thread yet?
I've decided to sell a large portion of my personal LP collection (mostly classic rock).
I'd like to keep it local and Craigslist is a last resort.
PM if interested...

While free is nice, having to pay a little helps concentrate the brain, and I think it may pay off in more organized events. I'm thankful that w1jim has taken the lead in getting things going. If anyone wants to organize workshops or demonstrations, is he the one to contact?

Yes - feel free to contact me.
If someone would like to volunteer to coordinate workshops (etc) that would be great.

Don't alienate the VFW folks? Okay...leave your Captain Beefheart, Harry Connick Jr., and Johnny Mathis LP's at home! Seriously, this sounds great. Can't wait to see the new digs, and the finance plan sounds great. By the way, have a Merry Christmas, everyone.

Back
Top Bottom