Wishlist For Forum Features

+48V

hi-fi or die
One add-on that I would like to see installed is Xenforo's 'Ignore Forum/Ignore Thread' feature. This would make AK a much more efficient and pleasurable experience for all. :)

Last edited:
One add-on that I would like to see installed is Xenforo's 'Ignore Forum/Ignore Thread' feature. This would make AK a much more efficient and pleasurable experience for all. :)
I believe those are add-ons, not official XenForo product. I think I might have used the Ignore Forum add-on in one of my forums--it simply removes the selected forum(s) contents from the New Post/Recent Post pages.

I believe those are add-ons, not official XenForo product. I think I might have used the Ignore Forum add-on in one of my forums--it simply removes the selected forum(s) contents from the New Post/Recent Post pages.
"Official" or not this Xenforo add-on works like a godsend on a couple of boards I frequent. You can choose to ignore just New Posts, the entire Thread List, or both. Same for ignoring Forums, like say you have no interest whatsoever in AK's Home Theater & Video Forum. Click and poof...it disappears from view. For $15....Very worthy! Dare we start a fund drive! :)

Aaah OK, ThemeHouse wrote that one. They're a good, stable company, one of the better ones out there. I haven't used their add-on, but used a similar one to ignore forums. I am actually working with a newly released theme of theirs (UI.X 2) for another couple of forums that will eventually be upgrading to XenForo 2.0. ;)

There is a tip I can pass along, though. What if you only frequent maybe half a dozen forums, and don't want to see the rest for most of the time? What you do is click on "Watch Forum," at the top of each forum's thread listing page.

upload_2017-12-5_22-45-14.png

Then, to view only your chosen watched forums, you click "Watched Forums" (or better yet, bookmark it):

upload_2017-12-5_22-45-50.png

That gives you a list of favorite forums without having to see the rest.

Aaah OK, ThemeHouse wrote that one. They're a good, stable company, one of the better ones out there. I haven't used their add-on, but used a similar one to ignore forums. I am actually working with a newly released theme of theirs (UI.X 2) for another couple of forums that will eventually be upgrading to XenForo 2.0. ;)

There is a tip I can pass along, though. What if you only frequent maybe half a dozen forums, and don't want to see the rest for most of the time? What you do is click on "Watch Forum," at the top of each forum's thread listing page.

View attachment 1060074

Then, to view only your chosen watched forums, you click "Watched Forums" (or better yet, bookmark it):

View attachment 1060075

That gives you a list of favorite forums without having to see the rest.
That's a great workaround tip. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Yet it's not nearly quite as convenient and readily apparent for most users as the Ignore add-on. This puppy is, "Hot dog... not hot dog". ;)

And as I'm sure you know, installing this sort of add-on is pretty simple and painless. i.e. No mucking around with the user.db is involved. :)

I would like to be able to just shut off likes in a couple of treads. I don't like being over liked.

I really wish I knew this earlier so I could have "liked" everything you ever posted.

Sigh...despite an appeal to the management & webmaster @Wardsweb ...it appears this suggestion has fallen upon two/too busy deaf ears. Maybe greasing the wheel with a poll would spur some attention. :idea:

Back
Top Bottom